The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Am I good enough to study Law at Bristol

In my GCSEs I got 2A's and 8B's which is good but not exceptional. I am predicted 3A's and a B at AS although I'm not sure I'll actually get those.
I am currently doing an EPQ and I do a lot of volunteering with a group in college which we actually won an award for recently, I have participated in a mock trial (as a judge) and a model UN. I also do debate as an additional study
I have done some further reading and will be going to listen to some cases at the magistrates court.
My question is will this be enough to get me into Law at Bristol University?
Reply 1
Yes.

Supposing you get the right grades for your A levels.

Good luck. =)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by emmamariekitty
In my GCSEs I got 2A's and 8B's which is good but not exceptional. I am predicted 3A's and a B at AS although I'm not sure I'll actually get those.
I am currently doing an EPQ and I do a lot of volunteering with a group in college which we actually won an award for recently, I have participated in a mock trial (as a judge) and a model UN. I also do debate as an additional study
I have done some further reading and will be going to listen to some cases at the magistrates court.
My question is will this be enough to get me into Law at Bristol University?

Your GCSEs are decent enough and your AS grades are looking decent. Work hard and without a doubt you will get an offer. Also, if you go to a low performing school, Bristol can even lower your offer to ABB. Have a look if your school meets the standard: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/media-library/sites/study/undergraduate/documents/English-aspiring-state-schools-2018-cycle.pdf
Original post by Hasanalm
Your GCSEs are decent enough and your AS grades are looking decent. Work hard and without a doubt you will get an offer. Also, if you go to a low performing school, Bristol can even lower your offer to ABB. Have a look if your school meets the standard: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/media-library/sites/study/undergraduate/documents/English-aspiring-state-schools-2018-cycle.pdf

Unfortunately my college isn't on the list (my secondary school is but I decided not to stay on there like many other students) but I think if I put the right amount of work in (which I will) I'll be able to make the grades, I was more concerned with not getting an offer in the first place
Bristol requires LNAT - get a good score in that and you are definitely in with a chance of an offer.

Open Day on 9 Sept. There will be lots of info about what they look for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending