The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:eek: OP, which uni was this and what did you say in your email to them? I hope we find out which sections they're using...
Reply 2
Omfg, this had better not affect the section I got 760 in :frown:

I don't care even if I have to, I'll post my results to them...

First testing us on that stupid empathy section at the end, and then not counting it, and now this. Pearson VUE/UKCAT are dick'eds.

Makes me glad I put my UKCAT results on my UCAS application...

Then again I haven't actually got an email like that...yet...please no :frown:
arpeggio
:eek: OP, which uni was this and what did you say in your email to them? I hope we find out which sections they're using...

I asked what the cut offs were for their UKCAT this year.

They said all medical schools had the same issue so it doesn't matter which one it was and they also said they couldn't disclose information about it until the end of their admissions cycle. Someone email a uni and ask which section they can't use now.
Democracy
Omfg, this had better not affect the section I got 760 in :frown:

I don't care even if I have to, I'll post my results to them...

First testing us on that stupid empathy section at the end, and then not counting it, and now this. Pearson VUE/UKCAT are dick'eds.

Makes me glad I put my UKCAT results on my UCAS application...

Then again I haven't actually got an email like that...yet...please no :frown:

The last non-cognitative section was never going to be used this year. I clicked the top answer in every question :wink:
Reply 5
markyp23
The last non-cognitative section was never going to be used this year. I clicked the top answer in every question :wink:

So wait is that the one they're not counting?

Cause I know the section on how you deal with other people is being excluded...
Reply 6
I smell something really really fishy .... if this was the case then we would have been told (like we were about the cognitivite section).
nnkuk
I smell something really really fishy .... if this was the case then we would have been told (like we were about the cognitivite section).

I honestly am not lying but it doesn't really matter if I am. Nothing that can be done about it anyway.

I don't want to the name the university in question. (Whilst I appreciate this looks rather suspect, if I was going to lie I would just make up a university).
Reply 8
markyp23
I honestly am not lying but it doesn't really matter if I am. Nothing that can be done about it anyway.

I don't want to the name the university in question. (Whilst I appreciate this looks rather suspect, if I was going to lie I would just make up a university).

Why can't you name the uni?
coolguy456
Why can't you name the uni?

Just don't want to. I am happy with not being believed although I highly doubt I've been lied to by the admissions director of this university?

Email any medical school and see what they say, I'd be happy to find out if they say the same thing. I'll email UKCAT and see if I get a response.

(End thread then? Open a new one when more is known?)
I wrote my UKCAT scores on the UCAS forms..Kinda glad right now.
But I too smell a rat here.... something's wrong
Kinda sus that no-one else seems to have this email and the OP won't disclose which uni it is. I'm ignoring it until I get an email myself...
Reply 12
paranoid_IB
But I too smell a rat here.... something's wrong

Yeah, and also they don't "mark" our sections out of a total anyway as far as I'm aware, so the 2700 thing is a bit weird.
why won't you name the uni? it'd be useful if you did. this is just silly if you won't.
Reply 14
So this means they're dropping 1/4th of the UKCAT cognitive part? My god, if they keep this up at the rate they're going now the test will be declared invalid by March!
Becca-Sarah
Kinda sus that no-one else seems to have this email and the OP won't disclose which uni it is. I'm ignoring it until I get an email myself...

It's only because I emailed them in the first place. Nothing stopping you from emailing your unis to check. I've also emailed UKCAT and will post the reply when I get it.
Reply 16
Fladder
So this means they're dropping 1/4th of the UKCAT cognitive part? My god, if they keep this up at the rate they're going now the test will be declared invalid by March!

Well if that keeps up, UKCAT have effectively been paid 60/75 quid by each of us to get a database full of physoanalysis research data.
That's a good point. If it cuts out one of my better scores I'm going to feel pretty hard done by especially as I paid £75 for something that I didn't get.
You know, if you name the University a lot of us who might've applied to the same uni would be alerted
Reply 19
Either that, or suicidal.

Latest

Trending

Trending