The Student Room Group

Grammatical error in personal statement

Ive sent off my application but when I was reading through it today I realised there was a SPAG error…
In the references I gave I managed to miss out the ‘l’ in ‘et al.’ Im not sure how I managed to miss this out, I passed it through my careers teacher, geography teacher and 4 friends and none of us managed to find this (oh and grammarly).Im really freaking out now because one of the universities I applied to is LSE for BA Geography they’ve sent out a few rejection letters due to grammatical errors. Would this error hugely disadvantage me?
Original post by TF08060728
Ive sent off my application but when I was reading through it today I realised there was a SPAG error…
In the references I gave I managed to miss out the ‘l’ in ‘et al.’ Im not sure how I managed to miss this out, I passed it through my careers teacher, geography teacher and 4 friends and none of us managed to find this (oh and grammarly).Im really freaking out now because one of the universities I applied to is LSE for BA Geography they’ve sent out a few rejection letters due to grammatical errors. Would this error hugely disadvantage me?

When you say, "they’ve sent out a few rejection letters due to grammatical errors", are you saying that LSE actually state that the reason they opted not to make an offer was due to grammatical errors in the personal statement? Or is this an assumption someone's making?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
When you say, "they’ve sent out a few rejection letters due to grammatical errors", are you saying that LSE actually state that the reason they opted not to make an offer was due to grammatical errors in the personal statement? Or is this an assumption someone's making?

They stated it a as the reason for the rejection so Im really panicking. But it was for some highly competitive courses but Im not sure if that makes any difference
(edited 6 months ago)
They stated it a as the reason for the rejection so Im really panicking. But it was for some highly competitive courses but Im not sure if that makes any difference

Well, if you missed it, your careers teacher missed it, your geography teacher missed it, and four of your friends missed it, then maybe the LSE will miss it too. :crossedf:
Reply 4

rip

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending