The Student Room Group

Summer Break

Hello everyone, I’m currently in the summer break of year 10, I’ve still got one month ahead to start year 11. I wanted to ask if I should start revising before the start of year 11 to remember the things I studied or should I just chill and relax before the start of the new year. I’m from Egypt and I want to get A*s and 9s in my GCSEs so that I can get a scholarship and a place at on elf the top universities in the UK
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by OMG354
Hello everyone, I’m currently in the summer break of year 10, I’ve still got one month ahead to start year 11. I wanted to ask if I should start revising before the start of year 11 to remember the things I studied or should I just chill and relax before the start of the new year. I’m from Egypt and I want to get A*s and 9s in my GCSEs so that I can get a scholarship and a place at on elf the top universities in the UK

How well did you do in Year 10?? If you're on track to get A*s and 9s then a little can't hurt... If you aren't, then revising is probably a good idea. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by OMG354

Please don't bother. This is one of the least stressful summers of your life that you'll have for a while - enjoy it.

Good luck in Year 11! :smile:
I personally wouldn't bother! The absolute earliest anyone started revising that I know of was late January, then a lot more started casually revising in February. If you feel confident, start properly revising around March/April at the latest. This summer will be so chilled compared to the ones ahead! Don't even think about it until after the December holidays. If you have mocks in December, don't revise too much but definitely go over your notes a bit; those mocks can be seen as an indication of what you will achieve with minimal effort (in my eyes anyway!)

Quick Reply

Latest