The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Searching for Summer Accommodation in London

Are you planning to stay in London over the summer break?
Looking for short term summer accommodation but not sure where to start?
Here are some small tips on finding short-term accommodation for the summer!

Student Accommodation
Many halls of residence from different universities are often empty in the summer, because of this they usually rent out rooms for short-term lets! Depending on the university and location, these short term lets are often more affordable than your average hotel or airbnb! Instead of a 3 - 6 month contract, rooms are available from a specific period between late June to Mid August and are charged per night, which is great if you only intend to extend your stay for a short while! If you are a current student of Kingston University and would like to find out more about student accommodation in the summer, please contact [email protected] or [email protected] for more details!

Private Landlords / House Share
An alternative to student accommodation would be renting from private landlords or house shares! Online platforms like Facebook or SpareRoom are perfect for finding short term summer accommodation as many students and landlords would be looking for prospective tenants to cover their lease over the summer break! :colondollar:

Ask Around!
During this time of year, many students return home for the summer and are looking to sublet their apartments or rooms! Why not try asking around to see if you already know someone who is willing to sublet?

Are you going back home or considering staying over the summer break? I hope you find this short post helpful in your search! Know of any other great tips in finding accommodation? Feel free to share them in the comments below! :h:

Zhi En (BA Fashion):tongue:
Hey!
Is anyone looking for accommodation for the summer?
I have a contract with IQ Student Accommodation(Tufnell House) until August 26th in London. En-Suite, large comfortable room on the ground floor, shared kitchen, 3 more rooms in the block. The building itself has a fitness, study rooms, game rooms and social areas, laundry and All-inclusive bills. Very convenient geolocation, two stations to Camden Town, 20-30 minutes to Oxford Street, walking distance to London Metropolitan University. Quiet area near the center of London!
Location: London, N7 0EG, Huddleston Road, Tufnell Park underground station. Room type "Bronze En-Suite"
I am looking for a person who will take over my contract ASAP, because for family reasons I need to go home for the whole summer!!!
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Hello :smile:,

I am looking for someone to take over my tenancy at Felda House in Wembley. It is an ensuite room in a 5-room flat for £214 p/w. It is available from the 1st of June to the 21st of July, if you need to stay longer you can extend the lease accordingly. If interested, please PM me or reply to my post (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7351304#post98417107).
Reply 3
Hello :smile:,
I am looking for someone to take over my tenancy at Felda House in Wembley. It is an ensuite room in a 5-room flat for £214 p/w. It is available from the 1st of June to the 21st of July, if you need to stay longer you can extend the lease accordingly. If interested, please PM me or reply to my post (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7351304#post98417107).
Reply 4
Studio Room available for summer for KCL students
📍Unite Students - Angel Lane, Stratford, London
Looking for KCL student to take over contract for summer extension as I don't need it.
🗓️ Extension is from 24th June to 9th September
💷 £3839 for full time (£350 pw)
Studio has double bed, kitchenette with oven + fridge and a large bathroom. Located very conveniently next to Stratford tube station so very well connected. 5 min walk to Westfield mall and Stratford mall, which has a Sainsbury's and Lidl and 6 min walk to a large Morrison's.
Looking to transfer contract to KCL student who is not currently in a King's residence and preferably in the next 4 weeks.
Reply 5
I am looking for a student to take over my contract at Urbanest Kings Cross, a student accommodation just minutes away from the Kings Cross tube station. It's for an ensuite room on the fourth floor, with a kitchen shared between 6 tenants. The rent is 272 GBP per week and includes all bills and utilities. The accommodation has a 24-hour reception desk, laundry facilities, study spaces and a large common lounge on the 13th floor. The room is available from 8 June to 2 September, but I'm flexible with the move-in date!

Should this be something that could potentially interest you, feel free to reach out for all the details!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Kingston Reps
Are you planning to stay in London over the summer break?
Looking for short term summer accommodation but not sure where to start?
Here are some small tips on finding short-term accommodation for the summer!

Student Accommodation
Many halls of residence from different universities are often empty in the summer, because of this they usually rent out rooms for short-term lets! Depending on the university and location, these short term lets are often more affordable than your average hotel or airbnb! Instead of a 3 - 6 month contract, rooms are available from a specific period between late June to Mid August and are charged per night, which is great if you only intend to extend your stay for a short while! If you are a current student of Kingston University and would like to find out more about student accommodation in the summer, please contact [email protected] or [email protected] for more details!

Private Landlords / House Share
An alternative to student accommodation would be renting from private landlords or house shares! Online platforms like Facebook or SpareRoom are perfect for finding short term summer accommodation as many students and landlords would be looking for prospective tenants to cover their lease over the summer break! :colondollar:

Ask Around!
During this time of year, many students return home for the summer and are looking to sublet their apartments or rooms! Why not try asking around to see if you already know someone who is willing to sublet?

Are you going back home or considering staying over the summer break? I hope you find this short post helpful in your search! Know of any other great tips in finding accommodation? Feel free to share them in the comments below! :h:

Zhi En (BA Fashion):tongue:

Hey, Anyone need summer accommodation???
A beautiful gold en-suite studio right in the town centre is available from the 19th of June to the 19th of august. This link will show you what the room looks like and it amenities. https://www.iqstudentaccommodation.com/kingston/iq-kingston/gold-en-suite?year=2023-24

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending