The Student Room Group

Best Revision Material for Summer 2023 (Final year GCSE student)

Wondering what revision material is best to use whilst being on summer break. Let me know!
Original post by DylanS08
Wondering what revision material is best to use whilst being on summer break. Let me know!

Which subjects - and are there any areas you find more challenging? It's probably worth using your time wisely to focus on areas you're less comfortable with so that you can be most effective. It also means you'll have more time to relax during your summer break!
Reply 2
Focusing on all of my sciences - I've taken triple science. I'm using 'revision world' for most of my sciences at the moment. Let me know if there is anything better or a personal preference of yours.
Original post by brainzistheword
Which subjects - and are there any areas you find more challenging? It's probably worth using your time wisely to focus on areas you're less comfortable with so that you can be most effective. It also means you'll have more time to relax during your summer break!
(edited 8 months ago)

For science, freesciencelessons and cognito are the yt channels I find best to understand content.
For practice questions, I use pmt and mme revise, they are free to use with mark schemes too.

I would make sure you have all the flashcards and revision materials made, so then you don't have to stress about making them when you are revising for mocks and other exams. To make flashcards I use StudySmarter, and I make mind maps on A3 pieces of paper.
Reply 5
(Original post by DylanS08)Wondering what revision material is best to use whilst being on summer break. Let me know!

YouTube videos are helpful like crash course i persoanlly used crash course a lot formy subjects and just beginners videos they help a lot as well as make flashcards theres 2 more websites one is Znotes and other is CIE notes try these too if u want they maybe help its summarised notes theres smth called physics and math tutor youtube channel thats good too buy yeah u will find more if u need tbh just search it up n u will find many resources. Also make mind maps those r super uselful or write down like headings n see how much uk . Try using exampler and candidate response answers where other students have written answers u can compare your answers with them n see why they've gotten such a high or low mark this way u can improve on ur grades but yeeha do also enjoy ur break everyone deserves a good break don't stress urself out to much and good luck with everyhting hope u do well

Quick Reply

Latest