The Student Room Group

A-levels

Hi,
I have just started looking at Chemistry, and I’m confused on first ionisation energies, can anyone explain it to me. Also, I’m not sure if I should continue doing this or if I should enjoy my summer break (I am bored of my summer break which is why I have started to look at the content for year 12)
Reply 1
Original post by jiungie
Hi,
I have just started looking at Chemistry, and I’m confused on first ionisation energies, can anyone explain it to me. Also, I’m not sure if I should continue doing this or if I should enjoy my summer break (I am bored of my summer break which is why I have started to look at the content for year 12)

Hi there.

I recommend looking at Chemrevise revision notes to do some pre-reading. YouTube is also a great resource too but remember not to go too full on and enjoy summer :smile:

Best wishes.
Reply 2
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

I recommend looking at Chemrevise revision notes to do some pre-reading. YouTube is also a great resource too but remember not to go too full on and enjoy summer :smile:

Best wishes.

Okay, thank you!! I am just scared of failing A-levels.
Reply 3
Original post by jiungie
Okay, thank you!! I am just scared of failing A-levels.

No need to worry just yet - its good to get a head start but not essential. If you're willing to put the work in its likely to pay off! :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by jiungie
Hi,

Trust me, everything you do over the summer, prepping for A-levels will help you out. If you do feel overwhelmed, take a step back, a day off, but get back to it! You won't regret.

As for your chem question, I cannot help you with that since I didn't take that at A-levels.

Goodluck with everything!!

Quick Reply

Latest