The Student Room Group

Uni or Gap Year?

I gotten into my firm choice but I'm not sure whether to take a gap year or not. I've not got any work experience aswell so would that hinder me from getting a job while at uni?
I was wondering what are the benefits (and drawbacks) of taking a gap year?
Grades - A*AAB.
pros:
nice break, time to consider if you definitely want to do your course, earn money, travel
cons:
forget how to study well, might not have many friends at home.

If you are sure that you want to study at your firm choice university I think you should see if they will let you defer your place until next year.
Reply 2
Original post by TheUnknownKnown
I gotten into my firm choice but I'm not sure whether to take a gap year or not. I've not got any work experience aswell so would that hinder me from getting a job while at uni?
Grades - A*AAB.

Hi, there. Firstly, congratulations on getting your firm choice for university and on your A Level results. In terms of taking a gap year, you might want to read this because it explains everything about whether you should or shouldn't take a gap year. Hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by TheUnknownKnown
Grades - A*AAB.

Would your firm allow you to defer? You can get work experience whilst you're at university. If that's your only reason for thinking about taking gap year then I'd say no, it's not worth it.
Original post by Snufkin
Would your firm allow you to defer? You can get work experience whilst you're at university. If that's your only reason for thinking about taking gap year then I'd say no, it's not worth it.

After thinking about it, the main reason I feel was about work experience and I guess I could get some whilst at uni but may need to try hard. I think I might go uni this year.

Quick Reply

Latest