The Student Room Group

I need your advice

On thursay I will be getting my GCSE results yet to get into my sixthform you require at least 5'bs or higher and b's in your chosen subject. I fear I will be one B short and that I may not get in, If I do get one less b ( considering I have got given head start work for my sixthform and spoken to my art teacher for next year and things like induction day etc.) will they still be likely to accept me even though I haven't met the grades required. thanks
Original post by Chad S
On thursay I will be getting my GCSE results yet to get into my sixthform you require at least 5'bs or higher and b's in your chosen subject. I fear I will be one B short and that I may not get in, If I do get one less b ( considering I have got given head start work for my sixthform and spoken to my art teacher for next year and things like induction day etc.) will they still be likely to accept me even though I haven't met the grades required. thanks

It is not always an exact science, just highly recommended. For example, they may take you under special consideration if you manage to impress them in other ways, such as with your other achievements at school or out of school. It really helps if you study a language or play a competitive sport outside of school, or go to scouts. Stuff like that we'll definitely body your chances and make you look like you're worth taking in - good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Sugoi_Sugoi
It is not always an exact science, just highly recommended. For example, they may take you under special consideration if you manage to impress them in other ways, such as with your other achievements at school or out of school. It really helps if you study a language or play a competitive sport outside of school, or go to scouts. Stuff like that we'll definitely body your chances and make you look like you're worth taking in - good luck :smile:

could it say for example we let you in even though you didnt get the required grades on the piece of paper inside the envalop and that i have a space or would they reject it and i need to email them.
Original post by Chad S
could it say for example we let you in even though you didnt get the required grades on the piece of paper inside the envalop and that i have a space or would they reject it and i need to email them.

That, I'm not too sure about. You may need to get info contact with them or enquire on their website or something.

Quick Reply

Latest