The Student Room Group

B at AS can I get an A* overall

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I cannot retake the B as it was in coursework, the boundary for an a was 96/100 so very high:frown:
Original post by PLL+GG28
I was going to respond with something similar. If you are aiming for an A*, then you will need over 90% ums in ONLY A2 and 80%ums in AS and A2 together. I personally would retake the B because it is possible to miss the A* and end up with a B instead of an A. If you are confident that you can score highly in A2 then a retake may not be necessary.
Reply 21
Original post by Quack_Dragon
I did, Last year in year 12 I got a B in history and this year I got a A* overall, I haven't looked at the mechanics but a combination of a good teacher and actually working hard made it happen so I guess you can.

Did you resist?
Original post by Jodie2199
I had 87/100 in coursework and 71/80 in the exam. Do you know what I would need to get at A2?

The coursework is out of 120 so you only have 158/200 overall. You needed 180.
Original post by Compost
There is no UMS in linear A levels. That is one of the fundamental changes in the way the grades are calculated.

Oops I did mean raw marks, sorry just thinking about the unreformed. In the linear A levels you still need to get enough marks over all of your units
Original post by Neddie001
Oops I did mean raw marks, sorry just thinking about the unreformed. In the linear A levels you still need to get enough marks over all of your units

Yes, but all that matters is marks. Grades on individual units, such as they exist at all, are entirely meaningless.
Reply 25
Original post by Compost
The coursework is out of 120 so you only have 158/200 overall. You needed 180.

Oh 120? That's crappy then, I deserved a lot higher than 87 then;/
Reply 26
Yes ofc you can, is this a new spec or old? If its a new spec, theres nothing stopping you. If its the old spec you need to get an average of 91UMS in your A2 units.

For an A* in the old spec you need a A2 average of 90ums and an overall average of 80 or above (with the 90ums average at A2 you can get an average of 70 ums at AS and still come out with an A*)

As for the new spec, you just need to get the required raw mark, nothing but yourself stopping you from doing your best :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Jodie2199
Oh 120? That's crappy then, I deserved a lot higher than 87 then;/

180/200 at A2?
Reply 28
Original post by Zxyn
Yes ofc you can, is this a new spec or old? If its a new spec, theres nothing stopping you. If its the old spec you need to get an average of 91UMS in your A2 units.

For an A* in the old spec you need a A2 average of 90ums and an overall average of 80 or above (with the 90ums average at A2 you can get an average of 70 G at AS and still come out with an A*)

As for the new spec, you just need to get the required raw mark, nothing but yourself stopping you from doing your best :smile:

New spec i think? Product Design WJec, I had 158/200 and am really worried that I cannot get an A*

Quick Reply

Latest