The Student Room Group

Average required for 2:1

Hi my second year of university worth 25% I averaged 60% overall. As I am in my 3rd and final year which is worth 75% what would I need to average to get a 2:1 please. The year is made up of 5 modules, 2 being 15 credits though one I have passed at 40% the other I can only obtain 50% overall after referral/deferral. Though the 3 30 credit modules worth 90 credits are taken into consideration to classifying my degree I average 68% in module a I may also get a first dependent on my dissertation and presentation, module b and module c have an average of 53% and 48% although with outstanding coursework that’s yet to be marked. So what would I need to average in module a,b,c and overall within the year to get a 2:1 or what is the percentage required for a 2:1.
You would need 60% to get a 2:1 overall in ur final year
Reply 2
Original post by bloograpefroot
You would need 60% to get a 2:1 overall in ur final year

If I were to score a first in module a and module b and c were to be 2:2s would that be enough?
Reply 3
I’ll be honest with the fact that my third and final year has been challenging both the year and the teaching and support and help received for me unlike my second year where but besides one module out of my 6 very best 90 credits I scored a 3rd. Having got 69,65,65,62,55,42 as averages. Being on course to get a guaranteed 2:1 but also a first in a module that has double the value I’m proud of, though the other two may turn out to be 2:2s one being a low the other a high end although dependent on my end of module exam. So what would I need as an average in the remaining two if it stays as a 2:2 with a 2:1 or first have I done enough or will I need one more 2:1…
Original post by Anonymous
If I were to score a first in module a and module b and c were to be 2:2s would that be enough?

Based on the numbers in the first post you would overall have 53.5% when u need 60%.
Hi there,

If you average 60% in your second year then you are exactly on track to get the minimum requirements for a 2:1, therefore you would need to achieve at least 60% across your modules in the third year.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hi my second year of university worth 25% I averaged 60% overall. As I am in my 3rd and final year which is worth 75% what would I need to average to get a 2:1 please. The year is made up of 5 modules, 2 being 15 credits though one I have passed at 40% the other I can only obtain 50% overall after referral/deferral. Though the 3 30 credit modules worth 90 credits are taken into consideration to classifying my degree I average 68% in module a I may also get a first dependent on my dissertation and presentation, module b and module c have an average of 53% and 48% although with outstanding coursework that’s yet to be marked. So what would I need to average in module a,b,c and overall within the year to get a 2:1 or what is the percentage required for a 2:1.

If you use this website: https://www.gradeguide.co.uk/

and fill in the details for the numbers and credits, you can work out exactly what you need in each module to get overall 2:1 You can play with the numbers too - it's a useful tool

Good luck mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending