The Student Room Group

How will coursework affect my A Level English grade?

I recently got my coursework grade back, which was 70%. I’m a little disappointed with it and even more so after seeing how high grade boundaries are. If grades are calculated including the coursework, do the boundaries for individual components even matter? And also if I’m aiming for a B and 70% is above past overall grade boundaries for a B, does this mean a B will be easier to attain?
Thanks
Reply 1
im not entirely sure but it depends on the weighting - so if coursework is "worth" less of your overall a level and you do better in the exam papers then you should be ok for a B depending on the overall grade boundaries
Reply 2
It’s worth 20% and 60 marks. On the edexcel grade boundaries they’re out of 300 so I guess its only worth a small bit. Will 20% have a big effect on my overall grade?
Reply 3
Original post by ering15
It’s worth 20% and 60 marks. On the edexcel grade boundaries they’re out of 300 so I guess its only worth a small bit. Will 20% have a big effect on my overall grade?

i suppose ultimately it's up to how you do on the exam papers from now. just try your best and work hard, and i'm sure you'll get your B (or higher, hopefully!) good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending