The Student Room Group

L'Oréal sacks first transgender model

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lyanu
so many transphobic and racist people on this thread, makes me sick. funny how you guys are most likely way too embarrassed to say anything in person, but feel like big persons behind a computer screen. she's probably 1000 times more successful than most of you, even though it'd crush you to admit it. disgusting, pathetic, little people.

saying white people benefit from systematic racism is a reason to get fired these days, I guess. but jeffree starr can still have a career despite videos arising of his racist history; and johnny depp the domestic abuser still manages to be successful in hollywood. ugh.

Hiding behind a computer? Really

Black people get a more than fair deal out of the UK, equality laws making every person equal by race as stated by protected characteristics, in fact the equality act is unfair on whites as it allows positive action/affirmative action so you can advertise to just black and people of ethnic minorities, but you can't advertise to just whites

Original post by IamJacksContempt
Yes. Which would also explain why the police would perhaps proportionately target them.

Or are you some grand conspiracy theorist?

Due to the race card people are scared of telling the truth the reason blacks are arrested more pro rata to the relative population is they are more guilty they come from countries where there is no law and order and some of them deliberately break the law so they are not forced to work for nothing by the JC
Yes. Which would also explain why the police would perhaps proportionately target them.

Or are you some grand conspiracy theorist?

From immigration in the 1950s, black people were disproportionately targeted by the police despite the fact that the crime rates in the countries that they emigrated from were similar to the rates of crime in the UK.

& I hope that you're not trying to insinuate that it's okay for the police to be institutionally racist towards black people.
Original post by cherryred90s
Do they? Or are they disproportionately targeted by the police, which would therefore increases the likelihood of being found guilty of a criminal offence?

The police investigate all reported murders, they don't ignore murder investigations based off a hunch the murderer might be white.
Original post by talkshite

Black people get a more than fair deal out of the UK, equality laws making every person equal by race as stated by protected characteristics, in fact the equality act is unfair on whites as it allows positive action/affirmative action so you can advertise to just black and people of ethnic minorities, but you can't advertise to just whites

How can you talk about equality and then complain that you can't advertise to just whites? in what fields are white people underrepresented?
Original post by D3LLI5
The police investigate all reported murders, they don't ignore murder investigations based off a hunch the murderer might be white.

Ok?
From immigration in the 1950s, black people were disproportionately targeted by the police despite the fact that the crime rates in the countries that they emigrated from were similar to the rates of crime in the UK.

& I hope that you're not trying to insinuate that it's okay for the police to be institutionally racist towards black people.

We're not in the 50s anymore. We're talking about right now.

It's definitely not okay for police to be institutionally racist towards black people, so it's a good thing that they aren't.

Before you even try to bring up the cases of Police unjustly killing unarmed black men, that happens to white people as well. In fact, sometimes the killers of the unarmed black men have been black police officers.

It's not institutional racism. It's incompetent Policemen.

Look at that Nurse who got manhandled and arrested in the news the other day. Why haven't you been vocally outraged about that? If she was black you'd have claimed the detective was racist rather than incompetent.
Ok?

and the statistics show that still blacks are disproportionately murdering each other compared to white people. Meaning your argument that crime is higher in black communities only because the police focus on them more is false
How can you talk about equality and then complain that you can't advertise to just whites? in what fields are white people underrepresented?

Equality is equality if this clause didn't exist then I would be happy with the equality act of 2010, imagine as a white person seeing your perfect job advertised and due to positive action you can not apply for it because you don't have a black face it is fundamentally wrong our nation has gone too far one way and yet minorities and social justice warriors call for even more black rights. How is advertising to just blacks fair, the idea of the application process is to be considered on your merits and not your skin colour-another example of the power of the race card- remove the clause from the equality act or abolish it
Well, that's his fault.
We're not in the 50s anymore. We're talking about right now.

The point is that they were disproportionately targeted before the police has any reason to believe that they were any more criminal than white people. So how can you be sure that he same thing isn't still happening?

It's definitely not okay for police to be institutionally racist towards black people, so it's a good thing that they aren't.

You can't be serious. Do you honestly believe that there is no evidence to suggest that the police have been and continue to be racist?

Before you even try to bring up the cases of Police unjustly killing unarmed black men, that happens to white people as well. In fact, sometimes the killers of the unarmed black men have been black police officers.

It disproportionately happens to black men by white officers. That's the point.

It's not institutional racism. It's incompetent Policemen.

Yeah ok

Look at that Nurse who got manhandled and arrested in the news the other day. Why haven't you been vocally outraged about that? If she was black you'd have claimed the detective was racist rather than incompetent.

Ive read news reports about black people being unfairly treated and I am not always vocal about it. I don't always have to be vocal to be outraged. Someone made a thread very recently about a black guy who said he wants to kill all white people. I commented on that saying that his behaviour was disgusting and that he should be punished, so don't try to imply that I have an agenda.
Original post by D3LLI5
and the statistics show that still blacks are disproportionately murdering each other compared to white people. Meaning your argument that crime is higher in black communities only because the police focus on them more is false

Is there a reason why you're so focused on murder? I wasn't referring to murder at all.
The point is that they were disproportionately targeted before the police has any reason to believe that they were any more criminal than white people. So how can you be sure that he same thing isn't still happening?

You can't be serious. Do you honestly believe that there is no evidence to suggest that the police have been and continue to be racist?

It disproportionately happens to black men by white officers. That's the point.

Yeah ok

Ive read news reports about black people being unfairly treated and I am not always vocal about it. I don't always have to be vocal to be outraged. Someone made a thread very recently about a black guy who said he wants to kill all white people. I commented on that saying that his behaviour was disgusting and that he should be punished, so don't try to imply that I have an agenda.

You do have an agenda though. Didn't you accuse a police officer of murder/being racist because a black drug dealer choked on his own stash and died? Before the evidence even came out as well.
Original post by talkshite
Equality is equality if this clause didn't exist then I would be happy with the equality act of 2010, imagine as a white person seeing your perfect job advertised and due to positive action you can not apply for it because you don't have a black face it is fundamentally wrong our nation has gone too far one way and yet minorities and social justice warriors call for even more black rights. How is advertising to just blacks fair, the idea of the application process is to be considered on your merits and not your skin colour-another example of the power of the race card- remove the clause from the equality act or abolish it

You've just repeated yourself. You refuse to address or acknowledge anything else, so I don't have anything more to say to you
Is there a reason why you're so focused on murder? I wasn't referring to murder at all.

Murder is indicative of crime rates as a whole and murder charges don't depend on police patrol focus
You do have an agenda though. Didn't you accuse a police officer of murder/being racist because a black drug dealer choked on his own stash and died? Before the evidence even came out as well.

You must be forgetting that most of the people on that thread had already decided that he died from overdosing on an illicit drug. Someone even went as far as to assume that it was cocaine that had dissolved in his mouth. I didnt see you telling any of them that they had an agenda, but that's probably because you agreed with them.

I watched the video of the officer putting his hand down his mouth, so it was possible that he may have unknowingly caused the object to become lodged in his throat, but of course nobody mentioned that, so I did. Call that what you want.

But I'm not going to argue with you about this. His cause of death has yet to be confirmed, so if you're going to divert this discussion to his death then I won't be replying to you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by D3LLI5
Murder is indicative of crime rates as a whole and murder charges don't depend on police patrol focus

When I say disproportionately targeted, I mean in the form of stop and search practices, arrest rates, increased likelihood of custodial sentences for similar offences etc.
When I say disproportionately targeted, I mean in the form of stop and search practices, arrest rates, increased likelihood of custodial sentences for similar offences etc.

Targeted because they are acting suspiciously or targeted for no reason? I'm sure some of it is down to racism but there are many other factors involved. Those factors are often conveniently discarded when it suits an agenda.
Original post by effystonem
It's nonsense really but I guess that's the effect of being privileged your entire life

You don't know anything about anyone in this thread, so how can you possibly make that judgement? It's condescending and dismissive beyond belief. Incredibly rude.
Idk why blacks and leftists are so obsessed with calling white people racist when Asians are just as (if not more) racist yet they never get mentioned
Who gives a **** if she got fired, she is a racist shite. Imagine if she was white and said that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending