The Student Room Group

Will I be able to complete the work in time?

Hey guys, I'm currently doing the IBDP diploma, and I've completed the first half of my grade 11 year (from 2023 august - December 2023), and am moving to a different town, so I need to switch over to doing A-levels in January 2024. I already did my IGCSE's in april/may 2023.

I want to write the A and AS level exams in april/may 2025, so that I can go to university (in europe) in september 2025.
Ill want to do these: A level: Math, English, Business and AS level: German (which Im fluent in), Physics.

I would start with the A and AS work in January. That would mean that I have a year and a half to complete all that work before i write the exams in April/May 2025.
I would do the work via a online system or straight from cambridge. Then I would work with tutors through all of the work. Like private teachers pretty much.

Is it possible to complete all that work in that time frame?
Please offer some advice
Is there any requirement for you to be doing 3 AL and two AS? Seems like you are making things difficult for yourself from the off.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Is there any requirement for you to be doing 3 AL and two AS? Seems like you are making things difficult for yourself from the off.

The reason why I would do 3 AL is because most universities require at least 3 AL. And then with that an extra 3 AS or 3 GCSE's. I would do 3 AL and 2 AS, then bring in one of my GCSE grades
Original post by Jaden Hartz
The reason why I would do 3 AL is because most universities require at least 3 AL. And then with that an extra 3 AS or 3 GCSE's. I would do 3 AL and 2 AS, then bring in one of my GCSE grades

Yes, but why are you planning to do 2 AS levels on top of 3 AL's?

If you are resitricted on time then you should be trying to smash the entry requirements for 3 AL's, not add more to your plate.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, but why are you planning to do 2 AS levels on top of 3 AL's?

If you are resitricted on time then you should be trying to smash the entry requirements for 3 AL's, not add more to your plate.

I completely agree, 2 AS Levels don't really make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. You're better off cutting both AS or 1 AS level if you're struggling with managing things :smile:
Doing two AS levels on top of three A Levels won’t help your application at all. Getting the best grades in three A levels, or the best predicted grades, is what universities look for.
Reply 6
Original post by hannychica
Doing two AS levels on top of three A Levels won’t help your application at all. Getting the best grades in three A levels, or the best predicted grades, is what universities look for.

Alright, thank you.
If I were to only do the 3 A levels then, what other grades would I sent it in with for my university application? With 3 of my IGCSE grades?
Original post by Jaden Hartz
Alright, thank you.
If I were to only do the 3 A levels then, what other grades would I sent it in with for my university application? With 3 of my IGCSE grades?

You need to include every single qualification you have taken, so all of your IGCSEs. If you don’t do that your application will be void.

Quick Reply

Latest