The Student Room Group

Welcome to the GCSE forum!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ammaarah Patel
Hey! I have mock exams this week, do you have any advice to help me keep on track and be less nervous?

Hey!
For mock exams, I'd suggest reading our "surviving mock exams" guide which you can find here:https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5132504
Regarding being less nervous that's probably a more personal thing, but I found if I had some water, felt relatively prepared (or if not pretended the result didn't matter which for mocks of course they don't) and took the time to breath calmly it worked for me. Also don't be afraid to take a short while in the exam out from answering questions. In one of my maths exams I'd spent 25 minutes on the last question of the paper and still wasn't getting it so I made myself have a drink and not even look at the paper for a minute or so then went back to it which really helped to clear my head.
Hope that helps :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
hey does anyone know if psychology is a well-respected gsce or not? Please reply ASAP if you have any knowledge on this
Reply 22
Original post by PaulWilliams2002
A really good science website is "free science lessons." That's what i use for my science and it is amazing.

What website are you referencing - can you provide the details please
Of course the link to the website is as follows http://freesciencelessons.co.uk and it goes through each individual topic for all the new 9-1 spec for science. Hope it helps and answers your question
Today, I found out about dropping out of a gcse subject. However, the deadline was passed and I was wondering if it is possible to withdraw it even when passing the deadline. I heard from a teacher that I can but I have to pay for the penalty thing. But I don't mind, but I am worried if it might come up in the records or say that I got a U in history if I did get a withdrawal.
Today, I found out about withdrawing a gcse subject. However, the deadline was passed and I was wondering if it is possible to withdraw it even when passing the deadline. I heard from a teacher that I can but I have to pay for the penalty thing. But I don't mind, but I am worried if it might come up in the records or say that I got a U in history if I did get a withdrawal.
Original post by Code_Breaker
Today, I found out about dropping out of a gcse subject. However, the deadline was passed and I was wondering if it is possible to withdraw it even when passing the deadline. I heard from a teacher that I can but I have to pay for the penalty thing. But I don't mind, but I am worried if it might come up in the records or say that I got a U in history if I did get a withdrawal.

As long as you officially withdraw then it should be as if you weren't entered in the first place. If you weren't officially withdrawn then it wouldn't be a U anyway, it would be an X (iirc) which shows you didn't turn up to enough of the assessment to get a grade.
Original post by Lemur14
As long as you officially withdraw then it should be as if you weren't entered in the first place. If you weren't officially withdrawn then it wouldn't be a U anyway, it would be an X (iirc) which shows you didn't turn up to enough of the assessment to get a grade.

Thank you so much
Original post by Code_Breaker
Thank you so much

No worries :smile:
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE - GCSEs in a week... not sure about y'all but I'm suddenly really terrified!
WE CAN DO THIS (I hope) :wink:
Original post by lights123
What website can I use to do pat papers most effective for the new 9-1 GCSEs?

save my exams
Reply 31
Today's Paper 1 Biology was amazing..

#MrsMCgonigle told me all the question before I sat the exam and yes it was PURE LUCK !!!!!

She is the BEst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so i am a new person has anybody done GCSE EXAMS THIS WEEK !!!!!
Original post by pokemonking99
so i am a new person has anybody done gcse exams this week !!!!!

all of us are doing so!!! :tongue:

the only real 'pat' is pat pheelan

I would recommend you to use the exam board websites like AQA and Edexcel as they have specimen papers for all the subjects that you need. I would personally recommend you to use BBC Bitesize as all of my teachers have recommended this website for me.
And if you are finding difficulty finding a maths revision website you should use OnMaths.com as this has predicted papers for the new GCSE.

Hope that helps :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by aeonLizzi
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE - GCSEs in a week... not sure about y'all but I'm suddenly really terrified!
WE CAN DO THIS (I hope)

Don't Worry you'll do well :smile:
Original post by JowanahMajeed786
Don't Worry you'll do well :smile:

thank you very much! all going well so far. If you're doing them hope they are doing well too :smile: if not, have a lovely week all the same!
Original post by aeonLizzi
thank you very much! all going well so far. If you're doing them hope they are doing well too :smile: if not, have a lovely week all the same!

no worries and yh i am doing them and they've actually been alright so far! Hope you have a lovely week too! :smile::smile:
Hey:smile:!
I am starting my GCSE's in September and am super excited! Do you have any experiences you want to share with me?:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest