The Student Room Group

i am confused

you see my older brother says my a-level choices(maths , physics and psychology) don't match up with what i want to do in uni which is computer science. and my career choice is game design(coding side) but i can draw aswell. and well i don't even know what to do now.
Why don't you take computer science instead of psychology?
Reply 2
Original post by Capitata
Why don't you take computer science instead of psychology?

the college i am going to right now don't do computer science.unfortunately . if don't do it will it affect me doing it in uni in a bad way like i wouldn't be able to do it at all
I don't see the problem with that, you're doing three sciences including maths. Don't most computer science degrees only require maths as an A level?

In saying that, computer science if probably a preferable choice to psychology, but it doesn't really matter.
Reply 4
Original post by Shashimi
I don't see the problem with that, you're doing three sciences including maths. Don't most computer science degrees only require maths as an A level?

In saying that, computer science if probably a preferable choice to psychology, but it doesn't really matter.

Wow , thanks i'll think about that , the stress from my chest left me. i am at ease
now! thanks seriously
Original post by DezzyMcTigz
Wow , thanks i'll think about that , the stress from my chest left me. i am at ease
now! thanks seriously

It's okay lol. Check entry requirements for your course on university websites to make sure, but most of them only want you to do maths.

They bring everyone up to the same level of knowledge in your first year of uni, so you won't be missing out on anything if you don't do computer science at A levels. :smile:. I'm doing a Psychology degree, and we went over nearly everything that I covered in A level Psychology so that people who didn't do it at A levels wouldn't be left behind.

Best of luck! :h:
Reply 6
Original post by Shashimi
It's okay lol. Check entry requirements for your course on university websites to make sure, but most of them only want you to do maths.

They bring everyone up to the same level of knowledge in your first year of uni, so you won't be missing out on anything if you don't do computer science at A levels. :smile:. I'm doing a Psychology degree, and we went over nearly everything that I covered in A level Psychology so that people who didn't do it at A levels wouldn't be left behind.

Best of luck! :h:

thanks !!:banana::awesome:
Original post by DezzyMcTigz
you see my older brother says my a-level choices(maths , physics and psychology) don't match up with what i want to do in uni which is computer science. and my career choice is game design(coding side) but i can draw aswell. and well i don't even know what to do now.

They go really well together!! In order to do comp sci at uni most require maths and recommend physics OR comp sci (as a lot of 6th forms/collages don't have comp sci as an option). And psychology is good cos it helps you appeal to the audience (when designing games).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending