The Student Room Group

Changing to Jan Cohort.

Hi,

I was a September 2022 starter and I am having to rejoin the January 2024 cohort for my 2nd year as I have to make up module credits. My university is telling me that the funding is going to be messy for me and I will still be classed as a September starter student. I am confused on what this means and wanted to know more about this. Can someone please explain to me the process? How does the schedule work?

Also, my funding for 2023/24 has been approved for starting year 2 in September as it wasn't until recently that I have been moved to assessment only. I am aware I have to fill in a Change of Circumstances Form however I have also heard that the University can update this on the shared system.

What is the best thing to do? I am confused and getting really conflicting information.

Thank you.
Original post by hxmara
Hi,

I was a September 2022 starter and I am having to rejoin the January 2024 cohort for my 2nd year as I have to make up module credits. My university is telling me that the funding is going to be messy for me and I will still be classed as a September starter student. I am confused on what this means and wanted to know more about this. Can someone please explain to me the process? How does the schedule work?

Also, my funding for 2023/24 has been approved for starting year 2 in September as it wasn't until recently that I have been moved to assessment only. I am aware I have to fill in a Change of Circumstances Form however I have also heard that the University can update this on the shared system.

What is the best thing to do? I am confused and getting really conflicting information.

Thank you.

Hi hxmara,

You can attend the January intake and the university can confirm with us that you are attending, however, you will remain on the September intake for Student Finance Purposes, and will be paid in line with the original term dates for the September intake.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare

You can attend the January intake and the university can confirm with us that you are attending, however, you will remain on the September intake for Student Finance Purposes, and will be paid in line with the original term dates for the September intake.

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare

Thank you for your reply.

What happens with the payment that was due in September? Does that get paid in September 2024 instead?
Original post by hxmara
Hi Clare

Thank you for your reply.

What happens with the payment that was due in September? Does that get paid in September 2024 instead?

Hi there,

The payment dates will remain as they were on the previous course. So that likely would be correct for when you receive the schedule September 2023 payment. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Hi,

Following on from my last thread, my SFE application was suspended as I am assessment only due to the retaking of modules. I did fill in the Change Of Circumstances form which SFE have seen. Would my application automatically resume once my attendance is confirmed in January? I have never had a suspending application before so I am just a bit confused on what it means and how it would work.
Original post by hxmara
Hi,

Following on from my last thread, my SFE application was suspended as I am assessment only due to the retaking of modules. I did fill in the Change Of Circumstances form which SFE have seen. Would my application automatically resume once my attendance is confirmed in January? I have never had a suspending application before so I am just a bit confused on what it means and how it would work.

Hi there,

Yes, that's correct. The current estimated timescale for this is 11 working days. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending