The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College timetable for biochemistry freshmen student?

May I ask what is the earliest time for a lecture to begin?
I am worried as it takes 40 minutes to get to the college from my Hall
Hey,

Sounds like you've been allocated to Woodward (the best accommodation Imo). For a biochemist the earliest will probably be 9. You shouldn't worry about the commute, you'll get used to the timings. There's two main routes to get to Imperial from WW. Central line from North Acton to Notting Hill Gate where you can change to the circle line to get to South Kensington or stay on the central line to Queensway or Lancaster Gate where you can walk through the park (highly recommend, it's very relaxing). Furthermore if you're late its best to walk through the park as you can get through it very quickly if you have a high pace. If you always leave one hour before your lecture/lab starts you will always be on time. Download google maps/citymapper and you can see if any of the lines are delayed/give you all the potential routes and timings. Also very useful for navigating London.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
How strict are Wood Ward with enforcing rules about things like mini fridges and extension cables which apparently not allowed?
Original post by salimiameen
How strict are Wood Ward with enforcing rules about things like mini fridges and extension cables which apparently not allowed?

My friend had a mini fridge in his room no problem. You could bring them into your room and the only people who will be going into your room will be cleaners or maintenance staff so really it depends on whether they will be bothered to report it or not.
Original post by longsightdon
My friend had a mini fridge in his room no problem. You could bring them into your room and the only people who will be going into your room will be cleaners or maintenance staff so really it depends on whether they will be bothered to report it or not.

thanks for the response. Do you know how the fridges in the kitchen work, as in does each person get one shelf or more than one? Also how big are the fridges ?
Original post by salimiameen
thanks for the response. Do you know how the fridges in the kitchen work, as in does each person get one shelf or more than one? Also how big are the fridges ?

So each flat will have two fridges. Four shelves in each fridge, the fourth has two storage boxes which people usually share. Otherwise everyone normally gets one shelf each (flats can vary from like 5-7 people, I myself had 7 but only 4 of us actually used the fridge). Similar amount of space in the freezers.

Anymore questions, feel free to pm :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending