The Student Room Group

OCR 9-1 Computer Science NEA question...

if we are given 3 tasks to complete do we need to analyse, design, develop and test all of them?
Reply 1
Hello, I am also doing OCR Computing, I thought the NEA was just one task and then we have to do a write up? Our teacher hasn't told us the task yet, do you know what it is?
Original post by wagwanpifftingg
if we are given 3 tasks to complete do we need to analyse, design, develop and test all of them?

Original post by peeked
Hello, I am also doing OCR Computing, I thought the NEA was just one task and then we have to do a write up? Our teacher hasn't told us the task yet, do you know what it is?

On the old spec, you would have completed one task, which was split into three parts. You would have to analyse, design, develop and test each of them separately, yes. Not sure how the new spec is different though.

There are various different tasks that your teacher can give you.
Original post by peeked

No I don't. i was just looking at some previous ocr NEA tasks, and the majority seemed to have 3 tasks. It is a new spec though so i don't know?
Reply 4
Original post by thegalaxy
On the old spec, you would have completed one task, which was split into three parts. You would have to analyse, design, develop and test each of them separately, yes. Not sure how the new spec is different though.

There are various different tasks that your teacher can give you.

One piece of coursework (A453), with three tasks. Your wording was a little off.

Original post by wagwanpifftingg

OP: If you're given one piece of coursework in the old spec you were expected to " analyse, design, develop and test" each task in the piece of coursework. I'm sure the same still applies for the new spec.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Aklaol
One piece of coursework (A453), with three tasks. You just wording was a little off.

No need to be so picky.
Reply 6
Original post by thegalaxy
No need to be so picky.

Then be accurate with the information you're providing. The way you worded it implied something completely different. I'd rather be "picky" then have somebody receive inaccurate information, so please be a bit more considerate next time before you start talking rubbish.

Thanks.
Original post by Aklaol
Then be accurate with the information you're providing. The way you worded it implied something completely different. I'd rather be "picky" then have somebody receive inaccurate information, so please be a bit more considerate next time before you start talking rubbish.

Thanks.

It's different on the new spec anyway so why does it matter?
Man I hated computing, and our spec was easier than yours. Apparently you guys have 6 tasks on both CA.
You only pick one task to do out of the three you're given

Quick Reply

Latest