The Student Room Group

Computer Science NEA Survey!

Hello everyone! I have just started year 13 and now for computer I have to do my NEA. My project is adding a unique spin on Tetris for the analysis I need to conduct a survey for the Public as they are my target market, I would really appreciate it if you lovely people could fill it in! It will only take about 2 minutes and you do not have to answer every question, Thank You in advance!

Link to Survey: https://forms.office.com/r/7Ws38f85fq
just make up fake data on rapidtables.com lol thats what i did and got an A in the end
I do C/S A-Level.

I am stuck on this question for my analysis: describe the essential features of a computational solution and explain the choices.

Not sure what I should write about. BTW my NEA is about the Cinema Booking System.

Any ideas ?
Original post by peteryoungy
I do C/S A-Level.

I am stuck on this question for my analysis: describe the essential features of a computational solution and explain the choices.

Not sure what I should write about. BTW my NEA is about the Cinema Booking System.

Any ideas ?

my NEA was about a hotel booking system, so pretty similar. Dont focus too much on questions like that written on the markschemes, they dont help. Try look at exemplars and just COPY their formatting and the order they go in answering questions etc. if you want i can send you mine.
I do C/S A-Level.

Any ideas ?

I had a similar section on computational methods. Why the problem is suited to a computational approach. This was the quesiton. And to be very fair, my teacher kept on stressing the importance of this section. So I ended up writing like two pages on this one.

I split it into 5 sections (thinking ahead, abstractly, procedurally, logically and concurrently) and in each talk about how that computational method applies to your program. If you pick like 2-3 examples for each method, that would be enough!

In particular, I used PMT notes to see what I could write. For example my thinking ahead focussed on:
--> input devices
--> Output devices lol
--> Preconditions
--> reusable components
--> caching

As you can see now thinking ahead section would be really simple as you know what you are looking for.

hope it helps, btw my titles and examples are for OCR idk if you are with the same board.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Punkydoodles
Hello everyone! I have just started year 13 and now for computer I have to do my NEA. My project is adding a unique spin on Tetris for the analysis I need to conduct a survey for the Public as they are my target market, I would really appreciate it if you lovely people could fill it in! It will only take about 2 minutes and you do not have to answer every question, Thank You in advance!

Link to Survey: https://forms.office.com/r/7Ws38f85fq

Done, goodluck :smile:
Original post by tamilGuy.
I had a similar section on computational methods. Why the problem is suited to a computational approach. This was the quesiton. And to be very fair, my teacher kept on stressing the importance of this section. So I ended up writing like two pages on this one.

I split it into 5 sections (thinking ahead, abstractly, procedurally, logically and concurrently) and in each talk about how that computational method applies to your program. If you pick like 2-3 examples for each method, that would be enough!

In particular, I used PMT notes to see what I could write. For example my thinking ahead focussed on:
--> input devices
--> Output devices lol
--> Preconditions
--> reusable components
--> caching

As you can see now thinking ahead section would be really simple as you know what you are looking for.

hope it helps, btw my titles and examples are for OCR idk if you are with the same board.

Thanks for your help.

Yh I do the OCR Board.

Need some help.

Which website do you think its better to use

https://isaaccomputerscience.org/topics/software_project?examBoard=all&stage=all
https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/514655-programming-project-set-a-high.pdf

I was using the Issac one but then I see a huge difference between the OCR one.

I personally find the issac one easier for me.

Any advise ?
Thanks for your help.

Yh I do the OCR Board.

Need some help.

Which website do you think its better to use

https://isaaccomputerscience.org/topics/software_project?examBoard=all&stage=all
https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/514655-programming-project-set-a-high.pdf

I was using the Issac one but then I see a huge difference between the OCR one.

I personally find the issac one easier for me.

Any advise ?

Umm, my teacher had her own exemplar and she would give us section titles. I would match her titles with the titles in the OCR exemplar work and get inspiration from that pdf. But I do remember using isaac for help for some of the sections too.

So my advice would be, if the title headings are not provided, follow the exemplar work and if you are stuck, take a look at isaac.

Idk if thats clear.. Ask again if its not clear lol.
Umm, my teacher had her own exemplar and she would give us section titles. I would match her titles with the titles in the OCR exemplar work and get inspiration from that pdf. But I do remember using isaac for help for some of the sections too.

So my advice would be, if the title headings are not provided, follow the exemplar work and if you are stuck, take a look at isaac.

Idk if thats clear.. Ask again if its not clear lol.

So to confirm I should use the issac one but if there are no titles i should use exemplar. Do you want me to private message my analysis to see if its good.
So to confirm I should use the issac one but if there are no titles i should use exemplar. Do you want me to private message my analysis to see if its good.

Its the other way. Use exemplar as your main guidance. Some sections will lack detail in the exemplar and for these sections, take a look at isaac for help. Thats what I meant.

Bro how long is your analysis? Id think you will be able to copy like 10 pages and paste it here. Are you talking about a particular section of analysis?
Its the other way. Use exemplar as your main guidance. Some sections will lack detail in the exemplar and for these sections, take a look at isaac for help. Thats what I meant.

Bro how long is your analysis? Id think you will be able to copy like 10 pages and paste it here. Are you talking about a particular section of analysis?

I need to now do a lot of work.
I need to now do a lot of work.

Wdym? Theres no set number of pages for each section of your documentation. But usually analysis spans 10 pages. In my case, I had 16 but I wrote too much. Sooo... I think 10s the desired goal. Tbf if you do every section it would just get to 10. If not you might have to go through each section and add another layer of analysis to each...
Original post by MoDesignss
just make up fake data on rapidtables.com lol thats what i did and got an A in the end

yo can you dm me need to ask about the nea
Original post by smartestever
yo can you dm me need to ask about the nea

a bit late but am doing a levels this year so need some help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending