The Student Room Group

my school isn't going to finish our computer science course

I am in year 13 and lsat year (year 12) we only completed 5 modules when we have 12 modules in total. our teachers are not doing as much as they can, even though I go to a private school. I plan to start teaching myself, however because there is so much content, I don't think I can teach myself all of it. I am really worried because other neighbouring schools have finished the course in year 12 and now doing revision until the exams. what should I do?
Original post by DoctorDisco12!
I am in year 13 and lsat year (year 12) we only completed 5 modules when we have 12 modules in total. our teachers are not doing as much as they can, even though I go to a private school. I plan to start teaching myself, however because there is so much content, I don't think I can teach myself all of it. I am really worried because other neighbouring schools have finished the course in year 12 and now doing revision until the exams. what should I do?

When you say 12 modules total, are the 12 modules both year 12 and year 13?
When I did biology and chemistry A Level, we finished all the content by end of April in year 13. A month before the exams.
Both the OCR and AQA computer science exam board have the NEA.

From https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/computing/AQA-7517-NEA-GUIDE.PDF
You will start your NEA in the second year.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest