The Student Room Group

Adult Learner at College

Hi there, I've just enrolled at a local college to resit my Maths GCSE in order for me to progress on to my PGCE in a few years time. My university have changed the timetable at the last minute and on the evening I'm meant to attend I have to be in my teaching placement... So I will be doing an online course and taking my exam as a private candidate at a local independent school. So my question is has anyone withdrawn from an evening course? How should I go about doing this? In the ideal situation I could ring the college up and say I wish to leave... It was free to enrol on the Maths GCSE as I'm still in education and didn't achieve the correct result last time, would they ask for the fee's in return due to me leaving the course? Any help would be appreciated!

Original post by doorbarm97
Hi there, I've just enrolled at a local college to resit my Maths GCSE in order for me to progress on to my PGCE in a few years time. My university have changed the timetable at the last minute and on the evening I'm meant to attend I have to be in my teaching placement... So I will be doing an online course and taking my exam as a private candidate at a local independent school. So my question is has anyone withdrawn from an evening course? How should I go about doing this? In the ideal situation I could ring the college up and say I wish to leave... It was free to enrol on the Maths GCSE as I'm still in education and didn't achieve the correct result last time, would they ask for the fee's in return due to me leaving the course? Any help would be appreciated!

hmm can you not phone up the people who changed the timetable last minute and ask why and tell them how inconvenient it is for you?
They may be able to revert it back if it isn't too late or it could be a problem with the system :dontknow: Can't hurt to ask?
Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest