The Student Room Group

Help! A-levels for over 18s (Specifically In-Person, Design Tech/Science)

Hi All,
Hoping you can help me as I'm at my wits end. I want to do an A-level in D&T Product Design but I'm 23. I did do this A-level at 6th form but I failed my A-levels (had a tough time, no issue with the content but that's another story) I do now have a degree but I really want to get this level 3 qual to top up my UCAS points (Which I didn't think would be an issue after still getting into uni but turns out it is!)
I can only find online courses for adult learning at A-level and no DT courses at all!! I'm also doing Biology and Chemistry which is okay online I suppose other than not being able to do experiments but DT is not really an option online. Please Please help, I'm based in Surrey with quick links to London. I also emailed my school but they just said I need to find a college that offers it and email them, but I can't find a college that offers it/accepts adult learners.

Thanks in advance!!!
Hi, I don't know where you are in your hunt but WestKing College do Bio and Chem adult a-level in-person but they only offer it in one intensive year. 2 year courses are no open for over 19s! They do textiles but not sure about D&T - might be worth calling them? You can also only do 3 a-levels at once under extenuating circumstances due to how hard it is.

Also important to note that some unis won't accept a levels without practicals so I'd call your unis and check before committing to online a level courses. I know a lot of online a levels do offer practicals but you have to pay extra - Learn Direct offer them and they seem like they have the most support for students

I'm in a similar boat I need to do 3-4 A Levels to get to the uni course I want but I'm 30 and nowhere will take me. Think I'm going to have to do Learn Direct and I'm gutted as I really want classroom learning!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending