The Student Room Group

can i get functional skills for free

anyone know how i can get functional skills C in english and maths in london? isnt there a free service by the gov? ive got ADHD but my brother says he can get me a job at his bank if i get them. advice appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by momog
anyone know how i can get functional skills C in english and maths in london? isnt there a free service by the gov? ive got ADHD but my brother says he can get me a job at his bank if i get them. advice appreciated

Hi, I know colleges usually offer these courses for free to anyone who doesn’t have a C or above at GCSE level.
I’d check your local college website sometimes they’re under an “adult learning” section or give them a call :smile:
Original post by momog

Did you have any joy with finding somewhere? I am looking too and only seem to find (reputable?) providers with a hefty price tag and any enquiries made to colleges/local authority education departments never get a reply? I have looked at learn direct but as need both maths and English, they seem to charge almost £1000 per subject - and it is just out of my reach. They also I believe don’t seem I accept advanced learner loans.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending