The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Someone123123
Thanks so much!!! How did you find out?!

My med school sent out an email informing us all. It was only released 2-3 days ago! Gonna attempt it under exam conditions tomorrow :smile:
Original post by EternalDoom
My med school sent out an email informing us all. It was only released 2-3 days ago! Gonna attempt it under exam conditions tomorrow :smile:

I would if I didn't have a final exam in a week :facepalm:
How is everyone's SJT prep?
Reply 63
I wonder whether people would be willing to share dropbox links etc to finals revision lectures? would be great if we could compile all our resources
I've not massively started SJT revision yet as I'm in the January exam cohort, done the practise paper though - does anyone know how to change the % mark to out of 50?
Original post by Cheesychips44
I've not massively started SJT revision yet as I'm in the January exam cohort, done the practise paper though - does anyone know how to change the % mark to out of 50?

I don't think you can, as it always depends on the cohort you take it with (i.e. both the sittings in a year). Speak to your friends and see if you're getting similar scores, but generally I don't think there is a good way of knowing how you're doing.

From what I know, for the previous cohort, 86% roughly equates to 40 out of 50, which was the mean. (so you can sort of gauge i guess?)
Original post by Jckc123
From what I know, for the previous cohort, 86% roughly equates to 40 out of 50, which was the mean. (so you can sort of gauge i guess?)

Interesting to know, thanks.

Practice paper 2 was more difficult than 1 (IMO and my friends thought similarly), so I wonder which one the real thing is like.
Original post by ForestCat
Interesting to know, thanks.

Practice paper 2 was more difficult than 1 (IMO and my friends thought similarly), so I wonder which one the real thing is like.

phew, at least its not just me and my housemates.
The difference (and contradictions) was surprisingly big between both papers.
all the best for tomorrow. :smile:
Original post by Jckc123
phew, at least its not just me and my housemates.
The difference (and contradictions) was surprisingly big between both papers.
all the best for tomorrow. :smile:

Yes, lots of contradictions!

Good luck to you too (and everyone else on the thread)
Well, that’s done. Now just the small thing of prepping for finals :frown:
Well, that’s done. Now just the small thing of prepping for finals :frown:

naaaaah, christmas. :biggrin:
Original post by Jckc123
naaaaah, christmas. :biggrin:

Not a fan, I’ve got work booked over xmas.

Wish we were finished. Cba with placement any more!
Do you do finals quite early? Ours aren't 'til May so I'm leaving it until at least after the New Year. And yes the new paper was definitely harder, my friend went on a e-medica course and said they explained that some of the question leads had changed, so maybe that's why.
Do you do finals quite early? Ours aren't 'til May so I'm leaving it until at least after the New Year. And yes the new paper was definitely harder, my friend went on a e-medica course and said they explained that some of the question leads had changed, so maybe that's why.

We have finals last week of Jan, first week of Feb. With PSA smack in the middle.

Two weeks left of block and then on study leave. Thank god.
Ach, fab planning by med school :s-smilie: Massive good luck, I'm sure you'll ace them regardless!
We have finals last week of Jan, first week of Feb. With PSA smack in the middle.

Two weeks left of block and then on study leave. Thank god.

Ours are in the second week of February. We finish our final placement on the Friday, and our first exam is on the Monday. I'd love a bit of study leave.
Original post by fleur_de_haine
Ours are in the second week of February. We finish our final placement on the Friday, and our first exam is on the Monday. I'd love a bit of study leave.

That was like our exams at the beginning of the year. Thats not good at all!
Found it quite funny when there was an SJT question with the doofus FY1 with the same name as me. Sounded like something I would do too, lol.

It's such an odd feeling coming out of an exam and feeling kinda indifferent about it - I'm not too fussed about where I end up, plus I've had a horrible cold this week so haven't had much time to prep. Will be interesting to see what kind of score I get...
Original post by tania&lt
Found it quite funny when there was an SJT question with the doofus FY1 with the same name as me. Sounded like something I would do too, lol.

It's such an odd feeling coming out of an exam and feeling kinda indifferent about it - I'm not too fussed about where I end up, plus I've had a horrible cold this week so haven't had much time to prep. Will be interesting to see what kind of score I get...

Yeah I think most people had a certain amount of cba with the sjt. Plus it doesn’t really matter how well you do, just how well everyone else does... which is always a bit of a stupid system

Latest

Trending

Trending