The Student Room Group

Medical university of Silesia 2023/24 entry

Hi, if anyone is an international student heading off to the medical university of Silesia in Poland or going to study at Poland and want to make new friends. Message me.

I’m female, 20, from the UK and from Zim and will be studying medicine this academic year.
Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2024 Applicants :
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
GAMSAT 2024 / 2025 entry discussions megathread
UCAT 2024 Entry Discussions Megathread

Other application years:
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
Heyyy I’m also from the uk female 22 what’s your email ? I will be studying there also

Original post by nombuyiselo
Hi, if anyone is an international student heading off to the medical university of Silesia in Poland or going to study at Poland and want to make new friends. Message me.

I’m female, 20, from the UK and from Zim and will be studying medicine this academic year.
Reply 3
Original post by lilyprimrose
Heyyy I’m also from the uk female 22 what’s your email ? I will be studying there also

Heya, I’m 19 from the uk and considering starting studying at Medical university of Silesia within the next month. How have you found it? Are there many international students? Is the teaching/city good?
Original post by SafaaA__
Heya, I’m 19 from the uk and considering starting studying at Medical university of Silesia within the next month. How have you found it? Are there many international students? Is the teaching/city good?

I haven’t started there yet. But when I do I’ll let you know

also, i would not recommend medical university of silesia. They neglect the english division significantly. We are given the least prioritised cadavers / worst cadavers to practice clinical skills. They do not allow us to access the medical simulation rooms as it is only for polish students (even though we pay expensive tuition fees and the polish students have free education). You find out very soon that english division (european & international students) are just money pumps for the university. The Dean's office have a habit of "Losing your documents that you provide them" such as certificates, so make sure to take pictures and copies of them. The organisation of the timetables by the Deans for english division students are also very disorganised and frustrating, they also take long to answer to emails. essentially you have to be very persistent with the Dean's office if you want to get their attention. We have class presidents- this is a selected member in your class who communicates between students and teachers, which is very toxic as they are usually favored by professors, they usually get most answers to exams right which raises questions to us other students. There is also competition between students as a result where they try and form cliques to put themselves at an advantage. You can't usually email professors directly, they either don't respond or take time to respond, you usually have to relay your message to the class president who will then tell the professor on your behalf and then let you know what the professor has said. Also forgot to mention that English division students have to organise their own graduation ceremony together and fully pay for it, it is not done by the university. And if you do choose to organise a graduation ceremony, it will take place in the university lecture hall where you do your exams... whilst the polish students have their graduation ceremony fully organised and paid for by the university in the prestigious silesia philharmonic hall. Essentially, there is a lot of discrimination between English Division students and Polish students which is such a big shame as we are all medical students, and on top of that english division students are paying expensive tuition fees.
Original post by SafaaA__
hi, i would not recommend medical university of silesia. They neglect the english division significantly. We are given the least prioritised cadavers / worst cadavers to practice clinical skills. They do not allow us to access the medical simulation rooms as it is only for polish students (even though we pay expensive tuition fees and the polish students have free education). You find out very soon that english division (european & international students) are just money pumps for the university. The Dean's office have a habit of "Losing your documents that you provide them" such as certificates, so make sure to take pictures and copies of them. The organisation of the timetables by the Deans for english division students are also very disorganised and frustrating, they also take long to answer to emails. essentially you have to be very persistent with the Dean's office if you want to get their attention. We have class presidents- this is a selected member in your class who communicates between students and teachers, which is very toxic as they are usually favored by professors, they usually get most answers to exams right which raises questions to us other students. There is also competition between students as a result where they try and form cliques to put themselves at an advantage. You can't usually email professors directly, they either don't respond or take time to respond, you usually have to relay your message to the class president who will then tell the professor on your behalf and then let you know what the professor has said. Also forgot to mention that English division students have to organise their own graduation ceremony together and fully pay for it, it is not done by the university. And if you do choose to organise a graduation ceremony, it will take place in the university lecture hall where you do your exams... whilst the polish students have their graduation ceremony fully organised and paid for by the university in the prestigious silesia philharmonic hall. Essentially, there is a lot of discrimination between English Division students and Polish students which is such a big shame as we are all medical students, and on top of that english division students are paying expensive tuition fees.
Hi, I’m also a female, 19 and also from the UK and interested to study medicine in silesia, could you give your number or email for talk?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending