The Student Room Group

Failed A-Levels, Studying an Access Course, Personal Statement help please?

Hi guys, not sure if this is in the right topic but I'll go ahead anyway. Anyway, I got average/good GCSE's and I sat my A-Levels in Biology, Chemistry and Maths at a really bad college, and personally I turned into a lazy, unmotivated and all through rubbish student, I was expecting it but I did terrible and got all U's. I decided to take another year and study an Access to HE course in Health, Nursing pathway with the hopes for applying for nursing at uni with 2018 entry. I'm writing my personal statement now, and I'm not really sure how to go about me taking another year? I'm taking the year to gain more experience and do voluntary work, but that doesn't explain why I'm studying an access course if that makes sense?

Thank you for your help,
Maddy
Reply 1
Original post by ayeebucky
Hi guys, not sure if this is in the right topic but I'll go ahead anyway. Anyway, I got average/good GCSE's and I sat my A-Levels in Biology, Chemistry and Maths at a really bad college, and personally I turned into a lazy, unmotivated and all through rubbish student, I was expecting it but I did terrible and got all U's. I decided to take another year and study an Access to HE course in Health, Nursing pathway with the hopes for applying for nursing at uni with 2018 entry. I'm writing my personal statement now, and I'm not really sure how to go about me taking another year? I'm taking the year to gain more experience and do voluntary work, but that doesn't explain why I'm studying an access course if that makes sense?

Thank you for your help,
Maddy

Your personal statement is about why you want to study the subject you're applying for. You don't need to explain why you're taking another year - that's not what the PS is intended for. You also need to list all your previous subjects in the education section, so unis will see that things went wrong previously and realise you're taking this year to gain the entry requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest