The Student Room Group

Arabic and French at Oxford

I am planning on applying to European and Middle Eastern Languages at Oxford, studying French and Arabic.I am fluent in both of these, and can read and write ( although not as well as a native).
Do you think this will make me a less attractive candidate since Oxford's aim is to get students to a fluent reading level in the Middle Eastern Language?
I would be surprised if any college held relevant subject knowledge and achievement against you :tongue:

However they may suggest you pick up Arabic later, beginning as "pure" French then starting in with the joint students from second year for example...? But if that was the case they would make you an offer reflecting this and advise you of it at the time, if successful.
Original post by pianokeys
I am planning on applying to European and Middle Eastern Languages at Oxford, studying French and Arabic.I am fluent in both of these, and can read and write ( although not as well as a native).
Do you think this will make me a less attractive candidate since Oxford's aim is to get students to a fluent reading level in the Middle Eastern Language?

Just tagging in @LMH OXFORD
Reply 3
Original post by pianokeys

Hello, did you get on the course? How was it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending