The Student Room Group

reflective writing/journal

I need to write a reflective journal about my journey at university. And l am confused as hell, l have never heard of this and l searched on google and l am still clueless on what to write or talk about.

What is reflective journalling or writing? What do l talk about? What do l include? (P.S l recently found l need to include analysis but...l still DONT GET IT!)
Reply 1
Do you know what reflecting is? We’re you taught this?

If you have to to reflect on your time at university, maybe time management, modules, referencing and meeting deadlines could be a good start? You can reflect on these.

You could get a book from the library on what reflective writing is.

I’ve doing reflective assignment, so far I’ve been told it’s a good assignment and “well done”. I just need to work on presentation.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ishax
Do you know what reflecting is? We’re you taught this?

If you have to to reflect on your time at university, maybe time management, modules, referencing and meeting deadlines could be a good start? You can reflect on these.

You could get a book from the library on what reflective writing is.

I’ve doing reflective assignment, so far I’ve been told it’s a good assignment and “well done”. I just need to work on presentation.

Yeah, l guess we're doing the same thing because it's worth 50% of our end grade. I will try to look at the library for reflective writing. But how have you started it?
Reply 3
Original post by the.chantele
Yeah, l guess we're doing the same thing because it's worth 50% of our end grade. I will try to look at the library for reflective writing. But how have you started it?

I was told to pick 6 skills to reflect on, so that’s what I’ve done.

Perhaps, you could divide them e.g. do year 1, year 2 then year 3?
Original post by Ishax
I was told to pick 6 skills to reflect on, so that’s what I’ve done.

Perhaps, you could divide them e.g. do year 1, year 2 then year 3?

I also have a word limit of 1000. So...this means l have to pick carefully and it's due in on December but l'd like to finish it now.
Reply 5
Original post by the.chantele
I also have a word limit of 1000. So...this means l have to pick carefully and it's due in on December but l'd like to finish it now.

Mine was 1,250 and the deadline is over two weeks away. I’ve finished it early.

Doesn’t it say on assignment brief like example skills? My lecturer gave us examples on what to reflect on.. She also gave example in lecture.
They never gave us examples on what to reflect on rather they have said "reflect your journey in your course" that's about it. I have seen examples but l'm still 50/50 because l would rather see a bullet pointed summary on what to include in a reflective journal rather than an example as all the examples are different and they don't look the same. One has more analysis and the other hasn;t and it just confuses me even more.

But good on you for finishing it early! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending