The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln 2018 Applicant's Thread

Hello 2018 applicants!

Join our thread to ask us questions about life here in Lincoln and find other students applying to the University.

To get the ball rolling, let us know the following...

What course will you be applying for?
How are you feeling about starting uni?
When are you going to an open day?

We also have a Facebook and Twitter page dedicated to making sure all our applicants have a place network and ask questions.

https://www.facebook.com/uolapplicants2018/
twitter.com/UoLApplicants

Here are our list of upcoming Open Days:
https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/opendays/

Darren

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UniLincolnRep
Hello 2018 applicants!

Join our thread to ask us questions about life here in Lincoln and find other students applying to the University.

To get the ball rolling, let us know the following...

What course will you be applying for?
How are you feeling about starting uni?
When are you going to an open day?

We also have a Facebook and Twitter page dedicated to making sure all our applicants have a place network and ask questions.

twitter.com/UoLApplicants

Here are our list of upcoming Open Days:
https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/opendays/

Darren

I have just finished my application and am waiting for ucas to respond (when my sixth form send it through). I’m applying for Sport and Exercise Science. To be honest I can’t wait I wish I was there now. I was told about a late application option but was told slightly too late. I wish I had taken it now as my girlfriend is at lincoln and I do not have a lot to do in my gap year. I have already been for an open day on the 7th of October and was shown arround after my talks by my 3 friends there already.

Harry Dunn.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by KevDaKoala
I have just finished my application and am waiting for ucas to respond (when my sixth form send it through). I’m applying for Sport and Exercise Science. To be honest I can’t wait I wish I was there now. I was told about a late application option but was told slightly too late. I wish I had taken it now as my girlfriend is at lincoln and I do not have a lot to do in my gap year. I have already been for an open day on the 7th of October and was shown arround after my talks by my 3 friends there already.

Harry Dunn.

Hi Harry,

Sounds like you've got it all planned out! If you have any questions in the meantime don't hesitate to get in touch.

Darren
What course will you be applying for? I got accepted to do Graphic Design last year but i've decided to defer for 2018!

How are you feeling about starting uni? Excited! Glad to took a year out to get my head around it and get ready for the next few years :smile:

When are you going to an open day? I had a look around the design department after my interview and I loved it 🙌

If anyone has any questions about application, portfolio's etc, don't hesitate to contact me :smile:
Hi there,
What course will you be applying for? Animal Behaviour and Welfare :smile:
How are you feeling about starting uni? Eager and excited
When are you going to an open day? I’ve been twice, 8th July and 23rd September

I’ve already applied with you being my first choice and just wondered what Accommodation do you recommend for first years as I want to start looking into it, thankyou
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by RachelPantrey
Hi there,
What course will you be applying for? Animal Behaviour and Welfare :smile:
How are you feeling about starting uni? Eager and excited
When are you going to an open day? I’ve been twice, 8th July and 23rd September

I’ve already applied with you being my first choice and just wondered what Accommodation do you recommend for first years as I want to start looking into it, thankyou

Hi Rachel,

Glad to hear you're excited to be joining us next year! If you have any questions in the meantime please feel free to get in touch.

Darren :smile:
Original post by Verigans
What course will you be applying for? I got accepted to do Graphic Design last year but i've decided to defer for 2018!

How are you feeling about starting uni? Excited! Glad to took a year out to get my head around it and get ready for the next few years :smile:

When are you going to an open day? I had a look around the design department after my interview and I loved it 🙌

If anyone has any questions about application, portfolio's etc, don't hesitate to contact me :smile:

We can't wait for 2018!

Join our Applicants 2018 Facebook page here:

Darren
What course will you be applying for? Law
How are you feeling about starting uni? Excited but pretty nervous at the same time, I received a conditional (unconditional if firm) which is reassuring.
When are you going to an open day? Already been, best campus by far
Original post by Undefined..
What course will you be applying for? Law
How are you feeling about starting uni? Excited but pretty nervous at the same time, I received a conditional (unconditional if firm) which is reassuring.
When are you going to an open day? Already been, best campus by far

Fantastic!

You can see lots of photos of our campus on our Instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/unilincoln/

Darren :smile:
What course will you be applying for? Criminology!
How are you feeling about starting uni? I'm so excited, I can't wait to finally study what I love and take interest in
When are you going to an open day? I visited back in July and visited informally last Sunday to get a feel of the city, I love it!
What course will you be applying for? Biomedical Science
How are you feeling about starting uni? Mixed feelings, but mostly excitement.
When are you going to an open day? I visited already I loved it!

My application was sent off on friday I can't wait to hear back from them.
I’ve already posted my answers on here but I’m Very inpatient I am still waiting for my school to send my application in. I dont know when it will be done. 😡😫
Harry Dunn
Original post by KevDaKoala
I’ve already posted my answers on here but I’m Very inpatient I am still waiting for my school to send my application in. I dont know when it will be done. 😡😫
Harry Dunn

Same, I sent mine off 3 weeks ago and am waiting for my referee to gather my references and send it off. I’m hoping it will be done by the end of November 😊
Same, I sent mine off 3 weeks ago and am waiting for my referee to gather my references and send it off. I’m hoping it will be done by the end of November 😊

I know that some people that have had gap years like I am now once there reference was through they got unconditionals pretty quickly. So I am really just waiting. And praying. 🙏🏻
What course will you be applying for? Product DesignHow are you feeling about starting uni? Excited. When are you going to an open day? I've already been
Hi! I've already got an offer for Bioveterinary, I haven't visited yet but i'm hoping to go to an offer holder day and I've heard really good things about the campus.

Does anyone else have to email copies of their gcse/a level certificates? I'm scanning all of them to my laptop but I'm not sure whether to send them as one large pdf or as separate attachments on the same email. I'm on a gap year right now so I've already sat all my exams and just got the last of my certificates in the post from college this morning.
Original post by HPanimadPJO
Hi! I've already got an offer for Bioveterinary, I haven't visited yet but i'm hoping to go to an offer holder day and I've heard really good things about the campus.

Does anyone else have to email copies of their gcse/a level certificates? I'm scanning all of them to my laptop but I'm not sure whether to send them as one large pdf or as separate attachments on the same email. I'm on a gap year right now so I've already sat all my exams and just got the last of my certificates in the post from college this morning.

I didn’t, I just put all my grades through UCAS and am now waiting for my referee to add my reference. Nothing about adding a PDF of my certificates
I didn’t, I just put all my grades through UCAS and am now waiting for my referee to add my reference. Nothing about adding a PDF of my certificates

Sorry, I should have been more specific, Lincoln asked me to send them as a condition to my offer. I assume it was because I have already completed all my exams so they don't need to wait for results day for confirmation.
Original post by HPanimadPJO
Sorry, I should have been more specific, Lincoln asked me to send them as a condition to my offer. I assume it was because I have already completed all my exams so they don't need to wait for results day for confirmation.

Ah that makes sense, surely once you send them through you’ll receive an unconditional offer :smile:
What course will you be applying for? Architecture
How are you feeling about starting uni? Excited :smile:
When are you going to an open day? I've already been since I'm pretty local to the area, and today I got a conditional offer (unconditional if I make it my firm) so I'm really happy

Quick Reply

Latest