The Student Room Group

General Knowledge: TSR Pub Quiz 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jack22031994
oh okay oops
You have been added.:cool:
Original post by Ryan CS
Can you tag me in it please. Not sure if my message on the other thread went through
This should be sorted now.:smile:
Answer: The longest side of the triangle is can just be called the longest side but, in the case of a right-angled triangle we call it the hypotenuse!
Original post by Notnek
Depends what kind of triangle it is.
"Known as" isn't congruent to the mathematically correct answer.:tongue:
Original post by That Bearded Man
Really? First person with fastest internet wins..?
Considering this is one the internet... you could always attend a real quiz if you're disgruntled.:tongue:
Original post by cosmicsnowflake
I feel like this would be waaaaay simpler if it was done on a chatting website, like, Discord, or Skype, or WhatsApp.
It would then be the WhatsApp pub Quiz, not the TSR pub quiz.:tongue: I'm not changing the name.:shakecane:
Original post by Ryan CS
On the European Continent - Iceland (Not Including Overseas Territories)

Spoiler

Technically it depends on how you measure it. Continent is a single land mass so Iceland would not be a part of it.

European country here excluded those countries who are controlled by another country (like Denmark and Greenland) or the example you gave.
Original post by Protostar
i thought i was somewhat smart until tonight :rofl:
Quiz scores =/= smart
Original post by Labrador99
Your TSR Pub Quiz Headlines:

Confusion between east and west
Groups of geese, ON THE GROUND
Difference between GMT and BST
Random guesses in centuries of Blackbeard

Rage at slow internet

:wink:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Funniest post of the thread award:king1:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
WRONG, it's A SOVIET ASTRONAUT
"Cosmonauts are people trained and certified by the Russian Space Agency to work in space."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/05/11/what-are-the-differences-between-an-astronaut-and-a-cosmonaut/#17f1b3453fa7

Please return to your seat.:hand:
Original post by Lemur14
That was the first book? Googling may not get you far... But my mum is the resident Narnia expert and she reckons that was the first book not film...
Ok I'm probably getting too competitive here :lol:
From research, Cair Paravel appears at the end of the first film.:yep:

Charn also features, although it is technically destroyed at this point. Points will be awarded for both answers.
Original post by 04MR17
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6
Funniest post of the thread award:king:

:biggrin:
Hello all.:hello:

Thanks for a great quiz.:biggrin:

I've decided to award half a point to anyone who got the right answer before I'd posted the next question. It's not entirely fair that some people's internet's are faster than others and I know how brutal timing can be in Forum games since I once posted something during the exact same second as someone else, whereby half of users saw me first, and the other half saw the other post first.:redface: First person to post still gets a full point though so it's worth posting in early.:wink:

Good quizzing by @sammychu00, @Labrador99 and @BuzzyB73 :yy:

Special mention to @Kindred for making me laugh the most, particularly this post:

Spoiler

Answers to the questions can be found here:

Spoiler

I appreciate that this quiz took longer than expected, tomorrow I'm going to post the questions without engaging in banter in between.:cool: This should speed up the process.

The time will also be earlier at approximate 6pm.:ninja: I know that some people are unable to make this and I apologise, but there will be many more opportunities to collect points.:colondollar:

Thanks a million for joining in.:biggrin:

TL;DR Next Quiz, tomorrow, 6pm, this thread, general knowledge.

If you want to discuss what you're tagged and where this thread is the place to go. Please remember to mention me (@04MR17) so that I get a notification.:redface:

everyone who posted in this thread

vityamins
x

Protostar
x

the bear
x

IKEAPanda37
x

sammychu00
x

Nebuchadnezzaṛ
x

Quiz Master
x

Jack22031994
x

greengiraffe
x

laurawatt
x

alsatian
x

starfab
x

hoixw
x

quasa
x

That Bearded Man
x

Retired_Messiah
x

Tommy1boy
x

spotify95
x

Franzen
x

Oquventis
x

goonhoon
x

MrsMars
x

Lumi172
x

LibertySea
x

NBingham
x

Matrix123
x

Kalail
x

CinnamonSmol
x

cc85734
x

ScienceGeek1878
x

gunner2806
x

CatusStarbright
x

alzade
x

Adam25
x

S.H.Rahman
x
@04MR17 Probs might not be able to make tomorrow
Can i still be tagged for it and next games.?
Of course.:h: You're on the general list.:smile:
Reply 395
I didn't get any notification to tell me it started?
Original post by utr
I didn't get any notification to tell me it started?
I can only apologise for that, for some reason you were not on the list. Amended now.:yy:
Reply 397
Original post by 04MR17
I can only apologise for that, for some reason you were not on the list. Amended now.:yy:

No drama. When is the next bit?
Original post by utr
No drama. When is the next bit?

tomorrow 6pm I heard
Original post by 04MR17
Hello all.:hello:

Thanks for a great quiz.:biggrin:

I've decided to award half a point to anyone who got the right answer before I'd posted the next question. It's not entirely fair that some people's internet's are faster than others and I know how brutal timing can be in Forum games since I once posted something during the exact same second as someone else, whereby half of users saw me first, and the other half saw the other post first.:redface: First person to post still gets a full point though so it's worth posting in early.:wink:

Good quizzing by @sammychu00, @Labrador99 and @BuzzyB73 :yy:

Special mention to @Kindred for making me laugh the most, particularly this post:

Spoiler

Answers to the questions can be found here:

Spoiler

I appreciate that this quiz took longer than expected, tomorrow I'm going to post the questions without engaging in banter in between.:cool: This should speed up the process.

The time will also be earlier at approximate 6pm.:ninja: I know that some people are unable to make this and I apologise, but there will be many more opportunities to collect points.:colondollar:

Thanks a million for joining in.:biggrin:

TL;DR Next Quiz, tomorrow, 6pm, this thread, general knowledge.

If you want to discuss what you're tagged and where this thread is the place to go. Please remember to mention me (@04MR17) so that I get a notification.:redface:

everyone who posted in this thread

Yeah guys, no banter. This is a formal quiz and should be treated as such. :tongue:

Damn. Wish I'd kept posting answers now that there's half points. Oh well, I'm going to kick ass in all the others anyway so it doesn't matter.
Everybody else might as well give up now. :biggrin:

Wait, hang on... was one of the questions actually about Narnia?? No way! :eek:

Quick Reply