u don't, just get average grades like most ppl :rolleyes:
Reply 2
11 A*s is pretty common, especially on these forums
Reply 3
fishpaste

either liars or brilliant :smile: i know sumone who got 9a*'s and one A
Reply 4
So what, a guy at IGCSE at my school got 7 A* and I'm sure that if he took more subjects he would take A* in them too
Reply 5
gossip_girl
some girl im my school got 11 a* and im just thinking how the hell can i keep up with that! i mean how can anybody keep up with that! :confused:
(not including really really smart ppl)

you don't have to keep up with that....i consider myself to be clever and i got 5 A*'s, which was like in the top 15 in the school
Reply 6
buy a few gucci bags. that will make her jealous
fishpaste

A* grades are not common. You forget that most people on these boards have an interest in school work or want to achieve academmically, so many of them will be above average grade-wise.
Reply 8
however you have to ask yourselves do these people with this number of A*'s have a life outside of school work?
Well compared to many people on here I got rubbish GCSE grades ... 2A*, 2A, 5B & 2C. :redface: (although my school is terrible and had a pass rate 5 A-C of 42%). Fortunately I did better in college :smile:

Besides, it's not all about academic grades ... I'm sure you're better than her at many other things. :biggrin:
Reply 10
GCSEs are rarely indicative of intelligence. It's usually work ethic, something which is still impressive. But don't worry about it - just do the best you can and you'll be fine.

People who get straight A*s aren't necessarily set for life, you know. Many people I know got huge amounts of A*s, but did horrifically at AS and A-level. Not getting 11 - 15 A*s doesn't mean you're a failure or you can't get into the top universities, despite what people try to tell you (these people are usually ignorant members of the press or those who got those grades themselves).
Reply 11
Taldarion
however you have to ask yourselves do these people with this number of A*'s have a life outside of school work?

Yeah whats the benifit of having like 20 A*s and being a faliar at work when you grow up,the point from getting the marks is to get a decent job after studying a decent thing,for me at least :biggrin:
Reply 12
usuallystressed
A* grades are not common. You forget that most people on these boards have an interest in school work or want to achieve academmically, so many of them will be above average grade-wise.

Yes I assumed this would be recognised in my response.
trust me, at a level it isnt the grade you get a GCSE what matter. I got decent grades 1A* 5As 6Bs and i got better than most at As level with better grades so get yer head down and work hard and youll do as well i bet
Reply 14
gossip_girl
some girl im my school got 11 a* and im just thinking how the hell can i keep up with that! i mean how can anybody keep up with that! :confused:

I got 9 A*s and 2 As and it really didn't make a difference to anything, I could have got a lot worse grades and still done the A-levels I wanted etc. GCSE's dont matter as much as they are hyped to when you do them. You'll realise when you've finished them!
Reply 15
infekt
either liars or brilliant :smile: i know sumone who got 9a*'s and one A

i got 9A* and 1 A :smile:
Reply 16
gossip_girl

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: i didn't get a single a*..................but i passed in every subject i did and i got 5 a's which is fine for me! :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Reply 17
gossip_girl

somebody did that last year at our school. its not so hard.
Reply 18
Jenna999
I got 9 A*s and 2 As and it really didn't make a difference to anything, I could have got a lot worse grades and still done the A-levels I wanted etc. GCSE's dont matter as much as they are hyped to when you do them. You'll realise when you've finished them!

amen
but have you seen what some of the people look like that achieve 11A stars?

exactly.

Latest

Trending

Trending