The Student Room Group

Need Advice on Chemistry Revision

Hi,

Im in a bit of a dilemma at the moment, and cant seem to get my head round my work. Half the time i dose off or just get sick of the papers i do. I have 5 exams this month:

S1 -15th
Unit 2/3B - 17th
C3 Maths - 17th
22nd - Unit 4 Chem

I have been trying to revise but what ever i revise just jumps back out. Could someone please advise me on how you people revise. Almost 90% of the time, on this website, when results come out, everyone is getting A's and B's.

Also, is it worth using up these holidays to revise for S1,Unit2+3 and C3, and once my C3 Maths exam is over, i have 4 days to revise Unit 4. Do you think its possible? Im hoping to archieve BBB or ABB in A Level, while at the moment im on BCC.

Please, tips would be greatful :smile:
Reply 1
Hey, im revising for 5 exams too! Including mod 4 chem (AQA) and mod 3 (resit haha).

I try different methods of revising all the time, and i got a laptop for christmas, so ive been locking myself away in my room typing up all my notes (its quicker than hand writing but im still physically making notes so it still goes in!) Ive got masses done so far, and ive found loads of great chemistry sites...

Try this one, it tests you...
http://www.mp-docker.demon.co.uk/as_a2/index_aqa.html#Module_4
Reply 2
for chemistry especially, i found the best way was to do past papers - the same questions come up again and again so it seems to work!
In terms of learning reactions/ properties Ive done 2 functional groups a day. So today I did Carboxyllic Acids and Esters. If you do that you get through a syllabus pretty quickly without getting stressed.

I would normally sit down and do 10 hours of revision but I tend to find with chemistry that if you do too much too fast, you can forget things such as whether a reaction is under reflux/distillation if an acid used is dilute/concentrated.

But as most people will tell you, past papers are key.
Reply 4
Fanks, will definatly try these techniques out. Happy new year btw and good luck to all your exams :smile:

Latest