The Student Room Group

GCSE revision help

Hello! I’m sitting my AQS higher chemistry and biology GCSE in may this year, so 2 months for the exam, I was busy with personal things that I realised how fast time has gone and I need to start revising, could anyone give me advice on what to do in order to get a higher grade like 7 in 2 months? I know I should have done so before but it was a mistake I have to now deal with, any advice would be appreciated!! Thank you! Xx
I would start by figuring out where your weaker areas are within your subjects and focus on revising those areas. I would make sure to schedule in time where you are definitely going to revise - I do this using Google calendar but most calendars or an excel spreadsheet should work fine. I would go over test papers that you have done and see where and why you have lost marks so you can then focus on the weaker areas. I generally used flashcards to revise science.
100% agree with flowersinmyhair.
Also, Seneca learning and cognito have summarised notes, questions and videos for all the topics for chemistry and biology. Past papers and general practice questions would be a really good tool too - physics and maths tutor can be useful for this
Reply 3
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I would start by figuring out where your weaker areas are within your subjects and focus on revising those areas. I would make sure to schedule in time where you are definitely going to revise - I do this using Google calendar but most calendars or an excel spreadsheet should work fine. I would go over test papers that you have done and see where and why you have lost marks so you can then focus on the weaker areas. I generally used flashcards to revise science.
Oh nice! Thank you so much for the advice! I’ll be sure to do that 😌 do you have any really good YouTubers that are good with chemistry and biology? All I know is freesciencelessons.
Reply 4
Original post by erin11
100% agree with flowersinmyhair.
Also, Seneca learning and cognito have summarised notes, questions and videos for all the topics for chemistry and biology. Past papers and general practice questions would be a really good tool too - physics and maths tutor can be useful for this
Thank you for your advice too!
Original post by Luxu
Oh nice! Thank you so much for the advice! I’ll be sure to do that 😌 do you have any really good YouTubers that are good with chemistry and biology? All I know is freesciencelessons.
I never really revise using Youtube videos, it's not something that has ever really appealed to me. I always used the CGP revision guides and Seneca to revise science.

Quick Reply

Latest