The Student Room Group

A level chemistry OCR

What websites are the best to prelearn and make condensed revision notes from.
Original post by billiefan
What websites are the best to prelearn and make condensed revision notes from.

Im assuming your starting year 12. I have finished A Level Chemistry. The most important thing is understanding. Sometimes, it is dangerous to read ahead, as you may misunderstand, and will take some time to correct the misunderstanding. Such is the danger of accessing knowledge you are not yet ready for. However, I do have resources.
Chemguide / chemhume/ chemrevise/ your textbook
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Im assuming your starting year 12. I have finished A Level Chemistry. The most important thing is understanding. Sometimes, it is dangerous to read ahead, as you may misunderstand, and will take some time to correct the misunderstanding. Such is the danger of accessing knowledge you are not yet ready for. However, I do have resources.
Chemguide / chemhume/ chemrevise/ your textbook

Im going to start year 13, i wanted some advice as i struggled a lot with understanding physical chemistry the entire year and slacked off at the end of the year after mocks. I did manage to get an A tho :smile:
Do u think i can just only use chemrevise?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by billiefan
Im going to start year 13, i wanted some advice as i struggled a lot with understanding physical chemistry the entire year and slacked off at the end of the year after mocks. I did manage to get an A tho :smile:
Do u think i can just only use chemrevise?

Forgive me, https://docs.google.com/document/d/13C5wge90aYaSRbPKDV2fYU1SI5oyBiFS2myCQMMNRUU/edit
These are my chemistry notes. In terms of advice, try to link your year 12 to your year 13 knowledge.
You will learn more about enthalpy, new definitions, new cycles. As well as acids, bases, pH, buffer solutions, reaction rates.
The thing with physical chemistry is your need someone explaining it to you, especially when you need to apply your knowledge to answer questions. But my teacher recommended: MaChemGuy.
Chemrevise is not your only option
Reply 4
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Forgive me, https://docs.google.com/document/d/13C5wge90aYaSRbPKDV2fYU1SI5oyBiFS2myCQMMNRUU/edit
These are my chemistry notes. In terms of advice, try to link your year 12 to your year 13 knowledge.
You will learn more about enthalpy, new definitions, new cycles. As well as acids, bases, pH, buffer solutions, reaction rates.
The thing with physical chemistry is your need someone explaining it to you, especially when you need to apply your knowledge to answer questions. But my teacher recommended: MaChemGuy.
Chemrevise is not your only option

Thank you so much for the notes Im definitely going to refer to them while i revise.
Im quite scared about starting year 13 cause of how hard the content is going to be but im going to try and work extremely hard to get that A im chem and Bio. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest