The Student Room Group

Dropping out and reapplying - Same uni different course

I'm currently in my first year of geology but really do not like it at all and can't see myself doing it for the rest of the year let alone another 2 years. I really like the uni and the city so would like to reapply for History next year
I didnt do history a-level as i was originally aiming for veterinary but didnt get the grades but did get ABC in geology, Biology and Chemistry.
Has anybody else done something similar to this? if so any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by child-libby
I'm currently in my first year of geology but really do not like it at all and can't see myself doing it for the rest of the year let alone another 2 years. I really like the uni and the city so would like to reapply for History next year
I didnt do history a-level as i was originally aiming for veterinary but didnt get the grades but did get ABC in geology, Biology and Chemistry.
Has anybody else done something similar to this? if so any advice?

You would need to check whether the uni will accept you without history A Level, and if your grades are acceptable. Then speak to your personal tutor about the course change. They may not need you to officially reapply as they may be able to process this internally, or they may ask you to submit a new UCAS application.
You dont have any experience of History - or an A level in any essay based subject.
If this is an requirement of the History course at that Uni, then your chances are slim.

You may need to take a year out to do something like a relevant OU unit/course http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/modules to show you have the aptitude for this subject.
Reply 3
Thank you! I have spoken to my personal tutor and am waiting for a reply from the history department

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending