The Student Room Group

Changing course

I am currently studying at uni and I have realised that the course I’m doing is not for me I’m going to complete first year and drop out and apply to start the new course next year what should I be prepared to face and what should I expect
Reply 1
If you could do the course / subject you actually want to do at the same Uni - ask about a course switch now.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
If you could do the course / subject you actually want to do at the same Uni - ask about a course switch now.

The university doesn’t offer the course and I don’t mind completing first year then dropping out and starting from first year on the new course I just want to know if there are any implications from doing so
Original post by Glino
The university doesn’t offer the course and I don’t mind completing first year then dropping out and starting from first year on the new course I just want to know if there are any implications from doing so

You will use up your gift year for student funding. If you then have to repeat a year on your new course, you would have to fund it yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
You will use up your gift year for student funding. If you then have to repeat a year on your new course, you would have to fund it yourself.

Okay so I will still get funded
Original post by Glino
Okay so I will still get funded

Yes.
Original post by Glino
I am currently studying at uni and I have realised that the course I’m doing is not for me I’m going to complete first year and drop out and apply to start the new course next year what should I be prepared to face and what should I expect

Hi!

Some universities still have spaces available through clearing, so if you are hoping to go to a different uni to do your new course you might still be able to do it this year rather than using a full year of your student finance.

Best wishes,
Michael
Hi!

If you are firm on changing universities and courses, make sure you meet the entry requirements of the univeristy you would like to transfer to. Your previous credits should be taken into account.

For a definitive answer on whether you can transfer, contact the admissions team at your new university. Be prepared to reapply through UCAS and the financial imlications of it. Clearing is also a great option.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending