The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Dropping out of current university - Switching to Warwick

I am currently studying a non-law degree at my current university. Due to personal reasons, I am wanting to study a law degree at Warwick.
Since I missed the January UCAS deadline for application, I am contemplating dropping out and applying for the 2023 entry.
I meet the entry requirements, and I was wondering if it would be viable for me to do so.
Thanks in advance
Define "viable" - there's no reason you would not be allowed to. You're not guaranteed to get in just because you meet the requirements, and would need to decide what your alternatives are (normally that would be four other choices, just like when you applied through UCAS first time round).

If you are in your second year of uni (or later) you probably won't qualify for a tuition fee loan for the whole of your new degree. You will need to pay the fees for each year that you don't have a loan for up front.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by skylark2
Define "viable" - there's no reason you would not be allowed to. You're not guaranteed to get in just because you meet the requirements, and would need to decide what your alternatives are (normally that would be four other choices, just like when you applied through UCAS first time round).

If you are in your second year of uni (or later) you probably won't qualify for a tuition fee loan for the whole of your new degree. You will need to pay the fees for each year that you don't have a loan for up front.

Hi, I am in my first year of university.
I looked at the University of Warwick website, and I noticed that it states “Any transfers to Warwick are on exceptional circumstances only, and only for a few permitted courses”.
Will I not be regarded as a transferring student if I choose to drop out and apply to Warwick?
Original post by Padishah22
Hi, I am in my first year of university.
I looked at the University of Warwick website, and I noticed that it states “Any transfers to Warwick are on exceptional circumstances only, and only for a few permitted courses”.
Will I not be regarded as a transferring student if I choose to drop out and apply to Warwick?

Dropping out of your existing university and reapplying to start the first year at another one is not transferring. Transferring is where you move to studying at a different university without starting again with the first year.
Reply 4
Original post by Padishah22
I am currently studying a non-law degree at my current university. Due to personal reasons, I am wanting to study a law degree at Warwick.
Since I missed the January UCAS deadline for application, I am contemplating dropping out and applying for the 2023 entry.
I meet the entry requirements, and I was wondering if it would be viable for me to do so.
Thanks in advance

Hey, I'm in the same situation, wanting to go to Warwick after dropping out of first year at a diff uni. Did Warwick accept you or did they view your application as 'weak' for having dropped out?

I spoke to Warwick a few days ago and they said my application will be be disadvantaged by this fact. Please lmk ASAP if you can.

Quick Reply

Latest