The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ok im starting to panic now. WHY CANT IT JUST BE A TITRATION. I genuinly dont understand. but i think thats because im stressed that i feel like i cant take it in and everything is complicated.
soemone said gas syringe stuff...

isn't this plan meant to be done in a lab?

if it's a regular laboratory plan...then we don't use gas syringes?

:s-smilie:
tami*
soemone said gas syringe stuff...

isn't this plan meant to be done in a lab?

if it's a regular laboratory plan...then we don't use gas syringes?

:s-smilie:

I don't understand, why wouldn't you use a gas syringe in a lab? It seems perfectly plausible to use it as your apparatus.

Ferchichi
Ok im starting to panic now. WHY CANT IT JUST BE A TITRATION. I genuinly dont understand. but i think thats because im stressed that i feel like i cant take it in and everything is complicated.

Don't worry it's most likely going to be a titration. Remember for now, all you need to do is follow the instructions carefully for Q1-3. Q4 will hopefully be a titration planning question and you can use parts of Q2 for it :wink:. Have you prepared your practical folder, or the documents you will be taking into the exam with you? If not prepare one. It will help you tremendously.

You will only be required to know this knowledge by heart in the 3B paper of which you have a week to revise for.
Reply 23
Ah Help
Reply 24
Aren't you all scared yet?

Only a few hours to go..and I have no idea how to do the planning.....
Reply 25
Someone-Else
I don't understand, why wouldn't you use a gas syringe in a lab? It seems perfectly plausible to use it as your apparatus.

Don't worry it's most likely going to be a titration. Remember for now, all you need to do is follow the instructions carefully for Q1-3. Q4 will hopefully be a titration planning question and you can use parts of Q2 for it :wink:. Have you prepared your practical folder, or the documents you will be taking into the exam with you? If not prepare one. It will help you tremendously.

You will only be required to know this knowledge by heart in the 3B paper of which you have a week to revise for.

Ive done it before
:|
The only thing i was worried about was the plan, and it threw me off completely! But thing is, its only because i was so stressed out with everything else, I didnt realise that it might just all be ok. Im taking in a few books, because I cant be bothered to make notes, but ive put stickys on the pages that are useful, and the pages are all open in a folder and books ontop of each other so its quite organised.
Ive written out three types of plans.

The Titration.
Calculating moles from gas produced
And...If its a solid disolved in water, then heating the solution to get the ppte, and working out the moles from the mass
:biggrin:
I hope thats right :frown:
Reply 26
hey is it possible to still get an over all A in unit 3 if 3a was effed up?!! ?
Reply 27
hahahahahaha

I spilt EVERYTHING. but half way through i decided I wasnt going to do it because i became so frustrated that i was doing everything wrong, and crossed everything out in my paper HAHA. Because I thought retaking this unit was the DUMBEST thing ever, my grade wasnt even that bad in the first place. I HATE practical.
Reply 28
What Grade did u have the best score of the 2 will count
Reply 29
I got a C, but that was for the practical and the unit 3B as well. I know that i lost my marks in unit 3B, so im focusing on getting that right this time round. And OBVIOUSLY this score isnt going to be better :cool:

You shoulda seen me in the exam, any more spilling and it would have been like I went swimming in my lab coat! LOL
Reply 30
Ive done these experiments so many times before, and the first time round it was SO EASY...

I dont know what went wrong this time, perhaps it was the panic about the plan, and the stress from the other 6 exams I have next week

:frown:
That test was annoying.
I hope I didn't mess up too much. Q1 was hard! In the first question I was staring at it and the result I obtained. Thankfully I wrote something down and got the same as others in my class.
Ferchichi
6 exams I have next week :frown:

Best of luck!
rIxEn
What Grade did u have the best score of the 2 will count

I thought it counts as a whole, 3A and 3B. I don't think you can split them into two as the two form the whole unit mark. :frown:
Reply 34
I think he meant the first time I did it, and the retake :P
Best of the two...
Reply 35
Someone-Else
Best of luck!

How many do you have?
Reply 36
Does anybody remember what results they got today?
For Q1, I got Ammonium Chloride (NH4Cl)...
For Q2 (the titration), i got about 26.03cm3. But the question about why swapping the two solutions around would lead to an inaccurate titre had me totally stumped.
For Q3 (thermochemistry), i got 6.7 degrees change, leading to a -56 KJ mol-1 molar enthalpy change.
And for Q4, i used the gas syringe technique.

Please tell me there are other people who did similar things and got similar results?!
Ferchichi

How many do you have?

1! :p:
Just chemistry for me. Most of my other retakes are in June
pendleman
Does anybody remember what results they got today?
For Q1, I got Ammonium Chloride (NH4Cl)...

I got the same.

pendleman

For Q2 (the titration), i got about 26.03cm3. But the question about why swapping the two solutions around would lead to an inaccurate titre had me totally stumped.

I got 26.45cm3

pendleman
For Q3 (thermochemistry), i got 6.7 degrees change, leading to a -56 KJ mol-1 molar enthalpy change.
!

I messed up one of the calculations. I got a similar delta T to yours I think.

pendleman

And for Q4, i used the gas syringe technique.

Same.

Latest