The Student Room Group

Grant Thornton School Leaver 2023 entry x

Hi guys, I’m in year 12 going into year 13. I recently applied to Grant Thornton’s Financial Tax Apprenticeship and somehow made it past the strengths assessment to the digital interview. I was wondering if any has any tips for this stage. I’m assuming I’ll get some competency questions?

Also if anyone else is applying to Grant Thornton or applied last year maybe we can talk on this thread : )

Update: I’ve received an offer for Audit
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi i applied for the corporate tax apprenticeship and also made it to the digital interview stage, from what ive read its mainly strengths and skills based and then a case study where u summarise info (not too sure tho so best to check)
Original post by Hellokitty123abc
Hi guys, I’m in year 12 going into year 13. I recently applied to Grant Thornton’s Financial Tax Apprenticeship and somehow made it past the strengths assessment to the digital interview. I was wondering if any has any tips for this stage. I’m assuming I’ll get some competency questions?

Also if anyone else is applying to Grant Thornton or applied last year maybe we can talk on this thread : )

Hi i applied to a corporate tax apprenticeship and also made it to the digital interview stage. from what i have read its mainly skills and strengths based, and there is a case study at the end. you can go onto their website and look at the employability hub, they have an hour long web seminar on the assessment stage :smile:
Original post by humairax
Hi i applied for the corporate tax apprenticeship and also made it to the digital interview stage, from what ive read its mainly strengths and skills based and then a case study where u summarise info (not too sure tho so best to check)

Have you had your interview yet
Have you had your interview yet

Not yet
Not yet

Same, waiting for the call and link still
Assuming you’re going into year 13 like me, KPMG have opened applications for their 2 day work experience in the October half term if you want to apply x
Assuming you’re going into year 13 like me, KPMG have opened applications for their 2 day work experience in the October half term if you want to apply x

ive actually finished my college course and am currently taking a gap year so i dont think im eligible to apply for it, but thank youu x
ive actually finished my college course and am currently taking a gap year so i dont think im eligible to apply for it, but thank youu x

have u done ur interview, im doing mine on tuesday, quite nervous
when did you recieve an invitation for the digital interview... was it staight after or did it take a couple of days? And also how did the interview go?
(edited 1 year ago)
It’s after the strengths assessment, so if you pass that it was like 2 days later. Then the recruiter calls you. And sends you the link for the interview.
I withdrew my application and didn’t do the interview but there’s 4 questions good luck
It’s after the strengths assessment, so if you pass that it was like 2 days later. Then the recruiter calls you. And sends you the link for the interview.
I withdrew my application and didn’t do the interview but there’s 4 questions good luck

Why did you withdraw?
I am doing my interview tomorrow any tips
Original post by Zain_A_
I am doing my interview tomorrow any tips

Didn’t do mine, bailed last minute.
All I can say is DO YOUR RESEARCH. RESEARCH EVERYTHING!
Reply 14

Hi,

How did you find the numerical test to be?
Original post by Izan
Hi,

How did you find the numerical test to be?

Coming from someone who got a 5 at gcse and does straight Essay based subjects, it wasn’t hard. The only thing that makes it hard is the stupid trick questions. You’ll be fine. I didn’t do my interview tho because I wasn’t feeling it. Don’t think accountancy is for me.
Reply 16
Coming from someone who got a 5 at gcse and does straight Essay based subjects, it wasn’t hard. The only thing that makes it hard is the stupid trick questions. You’ll be fine. I didn’t do my interview tho because I wasn’t feeling it. Don’t think accountancy is for me.

It makes sense. Did you practice before hand or just went straight on and took it on your chest> Thank you for responding btw.
Original post by Izan
It makes sense. Did you practice before hand or just went straight on and took it on your chest> Thank you for responding btw.

I only did practise on situational judgement not maths because they’re so unpredictable
Reply 18

Hi, how was the strength assessment, especially the analysis bit ? Was it hard or not?
Original post by Izan
Hi, how was the strength assessment, especially the analysis bit ? Was it hard or not?

Read through the thread I’ve already answered this. It’s not hard just some questions that will throw you off due to wording

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending