The Student Room Group

Grant Thornton Audit School Leaver 2024

I got through to the digital interview, and tips?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _KingInTheNorth

How long after the initial assessment did you get invited for the digital interview?
Original post by bobas_smith
How long after the initial assessment did you get invited for the digital interview?

Took a few days, I got invited to digital interview, its next week.

Hopefully it goes well

What was the exact process like? Did you apply to the August intake or January?
Original post by Jbl_speakers
What was the exact prosecess like? Did you apply to the August intake or January?

Initial application (just your details, no CV or anything required) --> 5 minute strengths test (look at what they look for and keey their values in mind) --> digitial interview --> assessment centre --> in person or online interview

applied for september 2024 intake
Initial application (just your details, no CV or anything required) --> 5 minute strengths test (look at what they look for and keey their values in mind) --> digitial interview --> assessment centre --> in person or online interview

applied for september 2024 intake

How many days was it since the strengths test to get a digital interview exactly? Do you think it’s too late to apply?
How many days was it since the strengths test to get a digital interview exactly? Do you think it’s too late to apply?

no apply
Reply 8

Hey I just finished the case study how did u find it?
Reply 9

so far the strengths test to digital interview was 2 days and from the Digital interview to the case study was less than a day, maybe I did really well, if u need secrets on how to maximise your chances of passing lmk I have a hack :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Htfvhh
Hey I just finished the case study how did u find it?

Got sent the case study yesterday, how did you find it? What was hard about it?
Reply 11
Got sent the case study yesterday, how did you find it? What was hard about it?

Same I just finished it now so I was just trying to find threads about it, apparently they’re all different case studies but it’s not hard at all, what I had to do was compose an email and report the data back to the company, you basically identify what’s going well for the business (in my case was how the business was expanding, they opened new shops etc), what’s challenging for the business (in my case the competitors had higher profitability) and You had to talk about how to ensure the data was accurate and finally you just ask to discuss further details at a meeting (which was my case) I’m pretty sure they all follow that kind of structure, hope this helps and good luck, btw u need to type fast because the 22 minutes go by fast
Reply 12
What grades have you applied with? (A-level predicted / achieved)?
Reply 13
Original post by rehelpme
What grades have you applied with? (A-level predicted / achieved)?

There’s no minimum grade requirements hence why their application process is rlly fast, u basically get an offer asap but rn I’m predicted BBC
Original post by Htfvhh
Same I just finished it now so I was just trying to find threads about it, apparently they’re all different case studies but it’s not hard at all, what I had to do was compose an email and report the data back to the company, you basically identify what’s going well for the business (in my case was how the business was expanding, they opened new shops etc), what’s challenging for the business (in my case the competitors had higher profitability) and You had to talk about how to ensure the data was accurate and finally you just ask to discuss further details at a meeting (which was my case) I’m pretty sure they all follow that kind of structure, hope this helps and good luck, btw u need to type fast because the 22 minutes go by fast

I do this pretty much every paper in business, so I think I might be good for this, thanks for the insight!
Reply 15
I do this pretty much every paper in business, so I think I might be good for this, thanks for the insight!

No worries lmk how it goes x
Original post by Htfvhh
so far the strengths test to digital interview was 2 days and from the Digital interview to the case study was less than a day, maybe I did really well, if u need secrets on how to maximise your chances of passing lmk I have a hack :smile:

hey! Ive applied for jan 2024 intake do u mind helping me pls? I have made it to the digital interview part, which is next week. Whats the "hack" lol 😂
Original post by Htfvhh

Wow, that's impressive and you seem really confident! As a non-native English speaker, I'm quite concerned about getting through the digital interview. I would really appreciate it if you could share your 'secrets' on how to maximize the chances of passing. Thanks in advance!
Reply 18
Hello thank you, unfortunately I didn’t get enough points for the case study but that’s alright , but for the interview if u have a laptop and if you have the notes function please write some bullet points or even whole sentences on the question you’re asked, I had them all prepared and when the interviewer asked the questions I just pulled out the note pad, make sure it’s at the centre of your camera so it doesn’t look like you’re reading it, if u need me to explain in more depth I can give you my socials so I can help u, I didn’t pass the case study so I’ll help as much ppl as I can because I want everyone do do well

(Original post by SwimmingFloating)Wow, that's impressive and you seem really confident! As a non-native English speaker, I'm quite concerned about getting through the digital interview. I would really appreciate it if you could share your 'secrets' on how to maximize the chances of passing. Thanks in advance!
Thank you so much for your prompt response! I'm currently burning the midnight oil preparing for the imminent digital interview. I was under the impression that 30 seconds of prep time wouldn’t be enough to jot down bullet points, but I’ll definitely give your approach a try. I’ve gathered quite a lot of information about GT, just hoping I’ll have the chance to put it to good use during the digital interview, haha.

I really appreciate your willingness to help, and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Original post by Htfvhh
Hello thank you, unfortunately I didn’t get enough points for the case study but that’s alright , but for the interview if u have a laptop and if you have the notes function please write some bullet points or even whole sentences on the question you’re asked, I had them all prepared and when the interviewer asked the questions I just pulled out the note pad, make sure it’s at the centre of your camera so it doesn’t look like you’re reading it, if u need me to explain in more depth I can give you my socials so I can help u, I didn’t pass the case study so I’ll help as much ppl as I can because I want everyone do do well

(Original post by SwimmingFloating)Wow, that's impressive and you seem really confident! As a non-native English speaker, I'm quite concerned about getting through the digital interview. I would really appreciate it if you could share your 'secrets' on how to maximize the chances of passing. Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending