Btec applied scinece Watch

Unknown02
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, can someone tell me if BTEC Applied Science is deffo all coursework as I’m about to apply for college and wanting to do it
pringles321
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
unit 1 and 2 are exams and the rest is coursework
jemnyokun14
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I study BTEC Applied Science Level3 and I do the old spec so it is 100% coursework.

The new spec has exams and coursework
Unknown02
Rep:
?
(Original post by jemnyokun14)
Hi I study BTEC Applied Science Level3 and I do the old spec so it is 100% coursework.

The new spec has exams and coursework
How do you find applied science? Like do you enjoy it ? What’s the hardest things and the things you enjoy the most? And what sort of exams do they have now?
Unknown02
Rep:
?
(Original post by pringles321)
unit 1 and 2 are exams and the rest is coursework
What is unit 1 and 2 on?
pringles321
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
unit 1 is basic chemistry .physic and biology like the first bits fo AS .unit 3 is practials that are send by the exam board and you have 2 week to complete them and write about them
Username987654
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The new spec exams are rock hard. No one got higher than a pass in the exam at my school and our school was one of the schools which received ‘the best results’ (I know a lot of people failed). I find the exams harder than both of my other actual A level subjects.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Unknown02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Username987654)
The new spec exams are rock hard. No one got higher than a pass in the exam at my school and our school was one of the schools which received ‘the best results’ (I know a lot of people failed). I find the exams harder than both of my other actual A level subjects.
What sort of exams are they? Like exams as in the type they do at a level or is it different ?
Unknown02
Rep:
?
(Original post by pringles321)
unit 1 is basic chemistry .physic and biology like the first bits fo AS .unit 3 is practials that are send by the exam board and you have 2 week to complete them and write about them
Thank you for replying! Is it genuine like basics and key points and not like ones in super super detail because I wouldn’t say that I’m that good at physics and chemistry because I don’t really enjoy them but I like biology and wanting to take this but I just need infortmation on it
jemnyokun14
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Unknown02)
How do you find applied science? Like do you enjoy it ? What’s the hardest things and the things you enjoy the most? And what sort of exams do they have now?
I find applied science really good and interesting, especially in one of the units I study (unit 43 diseases and infections). I enjoy the practicals we do in the chemistry unit such as titrations and looking at cells and tissues under the microscopes.

The hardest part of the course is some of the distinction tasks in Physics because physics is my weakest science. Apart from that, nothing else is hard on the course.

At my college, we are only doing 3 units at a time, so before this Christmas, we would have completed half of our Subsidiary diploma.

Also, my course doesn't have any exams because it is the old spec which 100% coursework based.
Username987654
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The exam I did in year 12 consisted of small sections of all of the biology, chemistry and physics Alevels and the exam I will be doing in January is a practical based exam where you have to carry out experiments then you have a written examination on the skills you have used etc. (Similar to a GCSE ISA so should be easier than the first exam)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
jayjay23-07
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I've just started my first year of applied science and my college are doing the new spec. anyone know any good resources I can use to study with since I have three assignments launched this week which are physiology of the human body , the nervous system and science in the work place.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (46)
9.24%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.81%
No, but I want to start (177)
35.54%
No, I am unable to (117)
23.49%
No, I chose not to (144)
28.92%