The Student Room Group

Btec applied scinece

Hi, can someone tell me if BTEC Applied Science is deffo all coursework as I’m about to apply for college and wanting to do it
unit 1 and 2 are exams and the rest is coursework
Hi I study BTEC Applied Science Level3 and I do the old spec so it is 100% coursework.

The new spec has exams and coursework
Reply 3
Original post by jemnyokun14
Hi I study BTEC Applied Science Level3 and I do the old spec so it is 100% coursework.

The new spec has exams and coursework

How do you find applied science? Like do you enjoy it ? What’s the hardest things and the things you enjoy the most? And what sort of exams do they have now?
Reply 4
Original post by pringles321
unit 1 and 2 are exams and the rest is coursework

What is unit 1 and 2 on?
unit 1 is basic chemistry .physic and biology like the first bits fo AS .unit 3 is practials that are send by the exam board and you have 2 week to complete them and write about them
The new spec exams are rock hard. No one got higher than a pass in the exam at my school and our school was one of the schools which received ‘the best results’ (I know a lot of people failed). I find the exams harder than both of my other actual A level subjects.
Reply 7
Original post by Username987654
The new spec exams are rock hard. No one got higher than a pass in the exam at my school and our school was one of the schools which received ‘the best results’ (I know a lot of people failed). I find the exams harder than both of my other actual A level subjects.

What sort of exams are they? Like exams as in the type they do at a level or is it different ?
Reply 8
Original post by pringles321
unit 1 is basic chemistry .physic and biology like the first bits fo AS .unit 3 is practials that are send by the exam board and you have 2 week to complete them and write about them

Thank you for replying! Is it genuine like basics and key points and not like ones in super super detail because I wouldn’t say that I’m that good at physics and chemistry because I don’t really enjoy them but I like biology and wanting to take this but I just need infortmation on it
Original post by Unknown02
How do you find applied science? Like do you enjoy it ? What’s the hardest things and the things you enjoy the most? And what sort of exams do they have now?

I find applied science really good and interesting, especially in one of the units I study (unit 43 diseases and infections). I enjoy the practicals we do in the chemistry unit such as titrations and looking at cells and tissues under the microscopes.

The hardest part of the course is some of the distinction tasks in Physics because physics is my weakest science. Apart from that, nothing else is hard on the course.

At my college, we are only doing 3 units at a time, so before this Christmas, we would have completed half of our Subsidiary diploma.

Also, my course doesn't have any exams because it is the old spec which 100% coursework based.
The exam I did in year 12 consisted of small sections of all of the biology, chemistry and physics Alevels and the exam I will be doing in January is a practical based exam where you have to carry out experiments then you have a written examination on the skills you have used etc. (Similar to a GCSE ISA so should be easier than the first exam)
Hi I've just started my first year of applied science and my college are doing the new spec. anyone know any good resources I can use to study with since I have three assignments launched this week which are physiology of the human body , the nervous system and science in the work place.

Quick Reply

Latest