The Student Room Group

Btec applied science l3 to pharmacy

Hey,
Can I study pharmacy with only btec level 3 applied science at University of Nottingham? And are there any other unis that accept only btec level 3 applied science to study pharmacy I have been searching but I haven’t had any luck. Any help would be appreciated thank you!
Original post by Ranom_123
Hey,
Can I study pharmacy with only btec level 3 applied science at University of Nottingham? And are there any other unis that accept only btec level 3 applied science to study pharmacy I have been searching but I haven’t had any luck. Any help would be appreciated thank you!

BTECs come in different sizes. Are you referring to an a Certificate, Extended Certificate, Foundation Diploma, Diploma, or Extended Diploma?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
BTECs come in different sizes. Are you referring to an a Certificate, Extended Certificate, Foundation Diploma, Diploma, or Extended Diploma?

Extended certificate
Extended certificate

OK. A BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate is the equivalent of one A level. What other Level 3 qualifications do you have (or are you studying towards)? Other BTEC Extended Certificates? A Levels? T Levels? WJEC Applied Diplomas?

University of Nottingham directly accept BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science (at grade DDD).

However, for the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate that say that (a) it will be "assessed on an individual basis" and (b) must be accompanied by two A levels. They also point out that "The required A Levels for mixed BTEC and A Level grade profiles depends on the science content studied in the BTEC." (source)
Reply 4
OK. A BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate is the equivalent of one A level. What other Level 3 qualifications do you have (or are you studying towards)? Other BTEC Extended Certificates? A Levels? T Levels? WJEC Applied Diplomas?

University of Nottingham directly accept BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science (at grade DDD).

However, for the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate that say that (a) it will be "assessed on an individual basis" and (b) must be accompanied by two A levels. They also point out that "The required A Levels for mixed BTEC and A Level grade profiles depends on the science content studied in the BTEC." (source)

Oh my gosh sorry I meant to say I do extended diploma, my vision is a bit blurry in the morning!!
Oh my gosh sorry I meant to say I do extended diploma, my vision is a bit blurry in the morning!!

Good. BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science is going to me much more useful to you! :smile:

Your original question was, "Can I study pharmacy with only btec level 3 applied science at University of Nottingham?". Yes - see details in post #4 above (i.e. you'll need DDD).

Some other courses which accept this qualification (with no need for any A levels on top) for MPharm are:

MPharm Pharmacy with a Foundation Year at University of Manchester (details) - "We require successful completion of a BTEC National Extended Diploma (science-based only, please note we will not accept Health and Social Care) at grades DDD-DDM"
Pharmacy MPharm (Hons) at University of Bradford (details) - "For applicants who have taken the new BTEC Extended Diploma assessed by written examinations and coursework: DDD. Applied Science with a minimum of four Chemistry or Biology units at Distinction."
MPharm Pharmacy at University of Reading (details) - "DDD (modules taken must be comparable to subject specific requirement)"
MPharm Pharmacy at University of Lincoln (details) - "BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science: Distinction, Distinction, Distinction or equivalent."
MPharm Pharmacy at University of East Anglia (details) - "Extended Diploma: DDD in Applied Science, or Applied Science (Medical Science/Biomedical Science). Specific modules required or A Level Chemistry grade B."

Those are just the first five hits on Google. There are likely many more courses to which you can apply. Two things to note:
Many of these courses will also have GCSE requirements, so don't forget to check that you meet those.
Some of the above want you have taken particular units within your BTEC, so check those carefully too. If in doubt, contact the admissions team and list all the units you're taking so they can confirm eligibility.

(The search I used in Google was: "mpharm" "btec" "extended diploma" site:.ac.uk)
Reply 6
Most MPharm degrees will require A level Chemistry in additional to any BTEC.

Look at Foundation Year 0 courses that may be okay without this.
Reply 7
Hey,

De Monfort University
Reply 8
You just need to make up the points in De monfort university.
Reply 9
Good. BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science is going to me much more useful to you! :smile:
Your original question was, "Can I study pharmacy with only btec level 3 applied science at University of Nottingham?". Yes - see details in post #4 above (i.e. you'll need DDD).
Some other courses which accept this qualification (with no need for any A levels on top) for MPharm are:
MPharm Pharmacy with a Foundation Year at University of Manchester (details) - "We require successful completion of a BTEC National Extended Diploma (science-based only, please note we will not accept Health and Social Care) at grades DDD-DDM"
Pharmacy MPharm (Hons) at University of Bradford (details) - "For applicants who have taken the new BTEC Extended Diploma assessed by written examinations and coursework: DDD. Applied Science with a minimum of four Chemistry or Biology units at Distinction."
MPharm Pharmacy at University of Reading (details) - "DDD (modules taken must be comparable to subject specific requirement)"
MPharm Pharmacy at University of Lincoln (details) - "BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science: Distinction, Distinction, Distinction or equivalent."
MPharm Pharmacy at University of East Anglia (details) - "Extended Diploma: DDD in Applied Science, or Applied Science (Medical Science/Biomedical Science). Specific modules required or A Level Chemistry grade B."
Those are just the first five hits on Google. There are likely many more courses to which you can apply. Two things to note:
Many of these courses will also have GCSE requirements, so don't forget to check that you meet those.
Some of the above want you have taken particular units within your BTEC, so check those carefully too. If in doubt, contact the admissions team and list all the units you're taking so they can confirm eligibility.
(The search I used in Google was: "mpharm" "btec" "extended diploma" site:.ac.uk)

hello ım doing extended diploma (not national extended diploma) and ı know this unis accept extended diploma but do you know any other unis that accept extended diploama? and ı have another question what is differance between extended diploma and national extended diploma?
Original post by şirin
hello ım doing extended diploma (not national extended diploma) and ı know this unis accept extended diploma but do you know any other unis that accept extended diploama? and ı have another question what is differance between extended diploma and national extended diploma?

Who is the awarding body? Is it Pearson BTEC? At what level is the qualification? Is it a Level 3? What subject is it?
Reply 11

Original post by şirin

You've managed to post this twice. Scroll up to see my response to the first time you posted it. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending