The Student Room Group

Chemistry - How long before an exam do you begin revising thoroughly?

I dropped Chemistry at AS. I'm now in Year 13.

I am doing resits of How Far How Fast & Foundation in June, to boost my AS grade (which was pretty shocking)

As I'm no longer being taught Chemistry, I'm worried about completely forgetting everything over the next 5 months.

Do you think it would be a good idea to start in February, and cover the syllabus entirely each month (and keep revising) to keep abreast of it until May? And then in May, I would start revising properly (intensely), without having to re-learn everything.

I have always found Chemistry difficult. I basically need to get a decent passing AS grade (hoping for a B, maybe!) so I don't have some pathetically low grade on my CV forever & ever.
Reply 1
If you say you've always found chemistry difficult then then the plan u have proposed is a very good one indeed. I twould be good if you focussed on trying too undersatnd the material propely and then come april/may start working on your examination technique. You should easily get a good grade if you adopt this approach-Good luck
Yes, do that.

Will you actually do so, though. :wink:

(YAY!! 700th Post!! :biggrin:)
Reply 3
Yeah if you go through it all, and keep going over it, hopefully will drill it in further?
I have a retake on thursday too. Gulp. Good luck for yours!
Reply 4
Whatever works for you. I've got retakes next week and started a couple of weeks ago because I knew I would forget if I started too early. It was good to refresh my memory. Then again a couple of days before, but this time revising intensely for a few hours to make sure I take it all in.

Latest