The Student Room Group

Any ideas on things to revise that won't have been in A2 Organic Chemistry?

taking the A/S OCR Organic Chem exam tomorrow...just wondering if anyone can give some suggestions as to things that might come up that I WON'T have gone over in A2 Chemistry.

I thought I'd be more or less okay if I mostly revised A2 Organic, but tried a past paper earlier today and I was fine until I got to the end, and a question came up on bromoalkanes, iodoalkanes and chloroalkanes, and how to test the bond strengths of them.

I vaguely remembered that chlorine-carbon bonds were the strongest and iodine-carbon bonds were the weakest, but had NO idea how to test it. Turned out the answer was ethanolic AgNO3 and then measuring the speed of precipitation, and there was an alternative, but I have no idea what it was.

It was a big essay-style question, too. Could VERY easily have been the difference between two grades in the actual exam.

so does anyone have any tips on these kind of specific things that I won't have gone over recently?
Reply 1
HOLY. CRAP.

what are the chances that this test would ACTUALLY come up on the exam after having revised it?

god is certainly smiling on me recently.

Latest