The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

C1 - 89
C2 - 91
M1 - 83 :s-smilie: - I really thought this was my easiest exam of the 4 I did.

Electrons and Photons - 90/90
Reply 501
so u gonna retake
My results so far for 4 units (units 3 and 4 taken in January), all Edexcel:

AS Results
Maths

C1. 95/100
C2. 92/100
C3. 63/100 [resitting]

Physics
1. 90/90
2. 90/90
3. 120/120

Chem
1. 87/90
2. 66/90 [hmm wonder if I should retake this one too]
3. 120/120

Econs
1. 90/90
2. 90/90
3. 96/120 [will probably resit this, I bet I could squeeze another 10 marks off this module]

A2 results (ugh, horrible)
Maths
S1. 83/100

Physics
4. 70/90 [The following 4 letters perfectly encapsulate my reaction: omfg?!]

Chem
4. 59/90 [Ah, crap. Retaking.]

Econs
4. 75/90

Very disappointed with A2 results. My AS are pretty decent, but I was horrified when I saw my Unit 4 chemistry mark. I'll be retaking a couple of papers from A2 for sure, and I really hope it doesn't screw me over this semester :frown: Especially dissastisfied with Physics 4, I worked so hard for that paper and I really thought I answered it quite well! C3 killed me too, don't know what happened there either :frown:

I only have another couple of months to get ready for them, don't know if I'll be able to cope with that many retakes since I'm doing units 5 and 6 for 4 subjects as it is (in June). Guess I gotta buck up!
PsychicPotato
My results so far for 4 units (units 3 and 4 taken in January), all Edexcel:

AS Results
Maths

C1. 95/100
C2. 92/100
C3. 63/100 [resitting]

Physics
1. 90/90
2. 90/90
3. 120/120

Chem
1. 87/90
2. 66/90 [hmm wonder if I should retake this one too]
3. 120/120

Econs
1. 90/90
2. 90/90
3. 96/120 [will probably resit this, I bet I could squeeze another 10 marks off this module]

A2 results (ugh, horrible)
Maths
S1. 83/100

Physics
4. 70/90 [The following 4 letters perfectly encapsulate my reaction: omfg?!]

Chem
4. 59/90 [Ah, crap. Retaking.]

Econs
4. 75/90

Very disappointed with A2 results. My AS are pretty decent, but I was horrified when I saw my Unit 4 chemistry mark. I'll be retaking a couple of papers from A2 for sure, and I really hope it doesn't screw me over this semester :frown: Especially dissastisfied with Physics 4, I worked so hard for that paper and I really thought I answered it quite well! C3 killed me too, don't know what happened there either :frown:

I only have another couple of months to get ready for them, don't know if I'll be able to cope with that many retakes since I'm doing units 5 and 6 for 4 subjects as it is (in June). Guess I gotta buck up!

Yea, you must resit your C3, your physics marks is exceptional! What is C3 to you?? As for econs, I got 96 for Unit 3 too. Resit the paper last January and only managed to up 3 marks...:s-smilie: For Physics 4, my lecturer once said that it sometimes depends on luck. If it makes you feel better, I got 68 for PHY4 but managed to get full marks for PHY 5 and PHY 6. There is really no need for you to resit PHY4
studyboy
Yea, you must resit your C3, your physics marks is exceptional! What is C3 to you?? As for econs, I got 96 for Unit 3 too. Resit the paper last January and only managed to up 3 marks...:s-smilie: For Physics 4, my lecturer once said that it sometimes depends on luck. If it makes you feel better, I got 68 for PHY4 but managed to get full marks for PHY 5 and PHY 6. There is really no need for you to resit PHY4

I know! My C3 was absolutely horrible :mad: No idea what went wrong there.

Resitting PHY4 is probably a matter of ego for me, it's not high on my list of priorities - I actually made a list of priorities for resits, PHY4 hangs on at number five so I doubt I'll resit that unless my lecturer tells me I should.

Wondering if I should resit Econs 3 though, I kinda feel like I could do better by at least another 5-10 marks.
PsychicPotato
I know! My C3 was absolutely horrible :mad: No idea what went wrong there.

Resitting PHY4 is probably a matter of ego for me, it's not high on my list of priorities - I actually made a list of priorities for resits, PHY4 hangs on at number five so I doubt I'll resit that unless my lecturer tells me I should.

Wondering if I should resit Econs 3 though, I kinda feel like I could do better by at least another 5-10 marks.

LOL! Ego, I understand!!:biggrin:

I felt the same way for econs 3! Thought I could up at least to 100 but to no avail...used RM180 for only 3 marks....not that it is not worth it though......:wink: If you feel like resitting by all means please do because unit 5 and 6 is really unpredictable.
studyboy
LOL! Ego, I understand!!:biggrin:

I felt the same way for econs 3! Thought I could up at least to 100 but to no avail...used RM180 for only 3 marks....not that it is not worth it though......:wink: If you feel like resitting by all means please do because unit 5 and 6 is really unpredictable.

I know, cost is a pretty big factor for me :s-smilie: Don't want to waste all that money!

Yeah as you said unit 5 and 6 are really unpredictable, sometimes even the good students score really low for some reason. Not sure I should risk it for Econs.
Did anyone else hear about the Edexcel site crash? I live in Hong Kong and we ended up getting our results about 3 days late...and then they were all really BIZARRE. I mean, my school is basically the academic powerhouse of international schools here, and the U6 received practically unanimous Cs and Ds, even people who have received like Oxford and Stanford offers atm! In my year we had people getting A for one unit and an E for the next...and people who were predicted Ds and Es received full marks for the History Unit 1 result. Just wondering if it was possibly an Edexcel screw up. O.O

Oh well, I'm happy with mine! 90/90 for History 2 o.o and 98/100 for Bio 1 o.o. JUST managed to scrape an A for History 1 with 96/120, but I knew I'd screwed that one up after the test and I'm going to retake in the Summer coz I know I'm capable of doing a lot better =)
nikegoddess
Did anyone else hear about the Edexcel site crash? I live in Hong Kong and we ended up getting our results about 3 days late...and then they were all really BIZARRE. I mean, my school is basically the academic powerhouse of international schools here, and we the U6 received practically unanimous Cs and Ds, and in my year we had people getting A for one unit and an E for the next...and people who were predicted Ds and Es received full marks for the History Unit 1 result. Just wondering if it was possibly an Edexcel screw up. O.O

Oh well, I'm happy with mine! 90/90 for History 2 o.o and 98/100 for Bio 1 o.o. JUST managed to scrape an A for History 1 with 96/120, but I knew I'd screwed that one up after the test and I'm going to retake in the Summer coz I know I'm capable of doing a lot better =)

Well I do Edexcel too, and have heard of no such inconsistencies o_O. Everybody's marks around here have been pretty stable and in accordance with what was predicted.

Congratulations on the results =)
I very much doubt there was an edexcel crash... everybody's mark over here were quite stable...
Reply 510
it depends on the individual subject
jkyng1
it depends on the individual subject

how come?
Reply 512
How i wish there WAS a site crash. To be honest, some of my college's students got INCREDIBLE results. My friend who always(ah, sorry to type it here AGAIN)scored D or even failed his tests got an A for Physics 4!!!!!!!!!(he failed every other units except this one, how could that be possible. He didn't even pass his physics unit 1 and 2!!!)i got A's for all the three units before that and eventually got B only(70/90)but i'm not going to complain much, since it's just 2 marks off an A. However, some of my friends, who were predicted A got a U instead for Physics 4..(4 of them, i think). I don't think i should complain more on my bio 4 and phy 3 here..just ([praying hard) that the site crash rumour IS true. We'll see by tomorrow..i'll get those remarked if the rumour proves to be just..a rumour.
~Adel~
How i wish there WAS a site crash. To be honest, some of my college's students got INCREDIBLE results. My friend who always(ah, sorry to type it here AGAIN)scored D or even failed his tests got an A for Physics 4!!!!!!!!!(he failed every other units except this one, how could that be possible. He didn't even pass his physics unit 1 and 2!!!)i got A's for all the three units before that and eventually got B only(70/90)but i'm not going to complain much, since it's just 2 marks off an A. However, some of my friends, who were predicted A got a U instead for Physics 4..(4 of them, i think). I don't think i should complain more on my bio 4 and phy 3 here..just ([praying hard) that the site crash rumour IS true. We'll see by tomorrow..i'll get those remarked if the rumour proves to be just..a rumour.

Pretty sure it's a rumour.
~Adel~

I was predicted an A for my Unit 6 Economics module but it came out a big fat C. The unexpected sometimes do happen.
Reply 515
But a person who fails 7 units and scored an A (out of 8 units)..it seems so untrue to me. Anyway, i know i shouldn't be too stubborn sometimes..i'm going to have a nice hair cut to release my dissatisfaction and tension..
here n dat like i got in my jan exmas AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB with nobel in physiology and art and art and design. Damn that B so guttted !!!! x
Reply 517
OMG, how many subjects are you taking? I can't even count!
Reply 518
Just a guess that that might be a joke...
Reply 519
i knew it's a joke. He must've just pressed the cap locks' A button and released it after a few seconds, that's why i cant count!(did i mention i got an A in math?LOL)

Latest