The Student Room Group

Can I get A*AA at A level (Thoughts/Advice)

1st year of A levels

Want: AAA-A*AA
Predicted : BBB

Gcse Results: 5A's 2Bs 3Cs
(Didn't really work hard until week before exams)

Subjects at A level : Maths , Computer Science and Biology

Grades achieved during Gcse :
Maths -7
Biology -B
Computer Science- A

Do you think it's possible and if so , is there any tips or advice that will help me achieve this.
(edited 6 years ago)
well you're in first year so u got some time , just focus on mocks and class work and you'll be fine , gl :smile:
Reply 2
If you can imagine it,you can achieve it. If you can dream it,you can become it.
Maths - practice LOTS. Lots of stuff you can use in 'physics and maths tutor'.

Biology - spend time memorising the content using your exam textbook, khan academy (and other resources). Also, use the specification to make sure you have done everything. Also, make sure you look at all the required practical stuff that will come up in the exam.

Comp science - sry I don't do that subject so idk.

It's definitely possible as you still have time to improve. Work hard now and you will get the grades that you want.
Original post by K1NGZ
1st year of A levels

Want: AAA-A*AA
Predicted : BBB

Gcse Results: 5A's 2Bs 3Cs
(Didn't really work hard until week before exams)

Subjects at A level : Maths , Computer Science and Biology

Grades achieved during Gcse :
Maths -7
Biology -B
Computer Science- A

Do you think it's possible and if so , is there any tips or advice that will help me achieve this.

Make sure you revise regularly, including making revision notes, and don't slack off in your frees like I did last year. Important to keep practising maths questions, otherwise you forget really easily.
Reply 5
Original post by Xilogreen
Make sure you revise regularly, including making revision notes, and don't slack off in your frees like I did last year. Important to keep practising maths questions, otherwise you forget really easily.

Thank you
Reply 6
Original post by *TomTomSatNav*
Maths - practice LOTS. Lots of stuff you can use in 'physics and maths tutor'.

Biology - spend time memorising the content using your exam textbook, khan academy (and other resources). Also, use the specification to make sure you have done everything. Also, make sure you look at all the required practical stuff that will come up in the exam.

Comp science - sry I don't do that subject so idk.

It's definitely possible as you still have time to improve. Work hard now and you will get the grades that you want.

in Biology I understand near enough everything but keep gettings D's when do mini tests using previous past papoer questions why
Reply 7
Original post by Meltend
If you can imagine it,you can achieve it. If you can dream it,you can become it.

ok I will keep a positive mindser

Quick Reply

Latest