The Student Room Group

Access to HE in Biology HELP

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I’m currently doing a HE course in Biology so I can then go on to uni to study dental therapy. And I’m not even kidding, I am regretting even starting it. It’s all online which was the worst thing I’ve ever done, I’m getting no help what so ever from my assessor. Has anyone else has this issue with online courses? I’ve kinda just got used to submitting my work and having the option to resubmit it if it’s wrong, but my next assignments I can’t do that as they are the graded ones. Can anyone offer any sort of advice for online courses and how u managed to do them etc. Any help at all would be appreciated! Someone who has done the same course would be a massive help too 😂

Thank you
Original post by beckyware02
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I’m currently doing a HE course in Biology so I can then go on to uni to study dental therapy. And I’m not even kidding, I am regretting even starting it. It’s all online which was the worst thing I’ve ever done, I’m getting no help what so ever from my assessor. Has anyone else has this issue with online courses? I’ve kinda just got used to submitting my work and having the option to resubmit it if it’s wrong, but my next assignments I can’t do that as they are the graded ones. Can anyone offer any sort of advice for online courses and how u managed to do them etc. Any help at all would be appreciated! Someone who has done the same course would be a massive help too 😂

Thank you

Online courses only suit particular sorts of people. For a new leaner i would always suggest a real course at a college for teacher support and student interaction.

Someone posted the other day they had a good experience with learn direct which was a surprise to me as they have had a lot of bad press, but that was for nursing.

Make a complaint/ raise your concern with the organisation.

Unfortunately it sounds like you will need very high grades and you cant afford errors. Presumably the money has been paid so you have to work out how to make the most of it. You dont have room for error.

Maybe the QAA can give you some advice.

https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/Pages/Default.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending