The Student Room Group

Should I do an online or inperson access course?

I have the choice out of doing two access courses. I want to go to university to do either mental health nursing or social work.First: Online doing health care. This will help me decide what I want to do in university. I won't have to travel, so I will have more time to be able to work, or volunteer. I'm not sure how good an online course is though. I think I might be better at learning in person. I tried to do an online course in administration and that did not go well. I will be doing subjects I enjoy more and that I am good at.Second: In person doing psychology and biology. I'm better at learning in person. It will take more time out of my day to travel. I was not very good at Science at school. I got a C and a D. Psychology is not my best health care subject either. I got a pass at college, but I need a higher grade to get into university. This course is more aimed towards mental-health nursing, not social work.
Reply 1
I’ve just finished an in person access course and have a similar science background to you. I did access to HE healthcare (so studied biology and psychology). I know that I couldn’t have done it online without the in person teaching. Or if
I did, I wouldn’t have been in as good a position to start my undergraduate degree in September. If you can do in person, I’d recommend it.
Reply 2
Original post by isilbell
I’ve just finished an in person access course and have a similar science background to you. I did access to HE healthcare (so studied biology and psychology). I know that I couldn’t have done it online without the in person teaching. Or if
I did, I wouldn’t have been in as good a position to start my undergraduate degree in September. If you can do in person, I’d recommend it.

Thank you. I'll think I'll do that. What are you studying now?
Reply 3
Original post by KeziaF
Thank you. I'll think I'll do that. What are you studying now?

I’ve got a place to study speech and language therapy 😊
Reply 4
Original post by isilbell
I’ve got a place to study speech and language therapy 😊

Awh, wicked! Well done!
Reply 5
Original post by KeziaF
Awh, wicked! Well done!

I toyed between social work, mental health nursing, occupational therapy and SLT. Going to uni open days and the course itself helped me to decide. Zero regrets. Doing the access course was the best decision I’ve ever made!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending