The Student Room Group

Mock Results

My results are very contrasting and I need help to pump them up.Especially English is a massive concern,please help and supply me with resources to get the grades i want
Eng Lit 4
Eng Lang 3
Biology 6
Chemistry 7
Physics 8
Maths 8
History 4
Religious Studies 4
Reply 1
I did alot worse than i was expecting :frown: better get revising :smile:

English lit - 5
English Lang - 6 (2 marks off a 7)
Maths - 7
Core Science - 5
Add Science - 5
Computer Science - 6
Business - 6
Spanish - 7

I'm hoping for all 7's by the end of the year.
Reply 2
But how did you so well in English,do you have any tips?
What texts are you studying for English?
Reply 4
Original post by MilleniumAngel
What texts are you studying for English?

Romeo and Juliet,Inspector calls,DR jekyll and MR hyde
Reply 5
I was in the exact same position as you with English in Year 10 (I was on a 4 at one point). Since the beginning of Year 11, I've found MrBruff on Youtube to be such a great resource. He has a video on literally everything to do with English Language and Literature.. including ALL of the books. The key thing to do (as cliche and boring as it is) is just to do a bunch of practise paper questions. The more you do, the better you'll get. And seriously, that's it. In my mocks I got 7's in English and I was one mark of an 8 in Language... so I can definitely stand by the saying "practise makes perfect" !!!
Reply 6
Original post by datters
I was in the exact same position as you with English in Year 10 (I was on a 4 at one point). Since the beginning of Year 11, I've found MrBruff on Youtube to be such a great resource. He has a video on literally everything to do with English Language and Literature.. including ALL of the books. The key thing to do (as cliche and boring as it is) is just to do a bunch of practise paper questions. The more you do, the better you'll get. And seriously, that's it. In my mocks I got 7's in English and I was one mark of an 8 in Language... so I can definitely stand by the saying "practise makes perfect" !!!

Thank you for your response I've heard of Mr Bruff and I will check him out thanks for your help.BTW does it matter about the exam board?I'm doing edexcel so does that differ so much from AQA
Reply 7
Original post by ab6790
Thank you for your response I've heard of Mr Bruff and I will check him out thanks for your help.BTW does it matter about the exam board?I'm doing edexcel so does that differ so much from AQA

Hmmmm.. I'm not too sure about that one, sorry. The exam questions may be different, but the general analysis of each of the books will be the same of course.. And all three books that you're studying are also studied for AQA. As long as you read the books, look at different perspectives and themes, learn your context and memorise key quotes, then you will be absolutely fine. I doubt the exam boards differ too much.
Reply 8
Original post by datters
Hmmmm.. I'm not too sure about that one, sorry. The exam questions may be different, but the general analysis of each of the books will be the same of course.. And all three books that you're studying are also studied for AQA. As long as you read the books, look at different perspectives and themes, learn your context and memorise key quotes, then you will be absolutely fine. I doubt the exam boards differ too much.

How did you do in other subjects?
Reply 9
Original post by ab6790
How did you do in other subjects?

Maths- 6 (uh oh).. History-8 .. Biology-7 .. Chemistry-6 .. Physics-6 .. Geography-7 .. Spanish- 6 (again, uh oh) .. EB-7

I've got pretty high target/predicted grades so as you can see, revision is defo needed haha.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by ab6790
But how did you so well in English,do you have any tips?

By no means would i say i done well but if i could give you any tips to boost your grade it would be to make your answers perceptive - go beyond the norm.
Also , highly focus on section B of the papers during revision as this counts for half of the overall marks.

Quick Reply

Latest